Riser jager grips

stevec

Hi i have recently purchased a r/h jager grip,when it arrived it appeared to be for a left hand archer but the store have assured me it is for a r/handed archer.anyone here using this type of grip and how are you finding it?

hooktonboy

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
I've used one for a couple of years now. They do look as though they are "wrong handed" but they aren't - believe it's to do with the shape keeping the pressure in the correct side of the hand (away from the palm). If yours is higher on the left than the right then its the right one for RH.

Thoughts - good, comfortable, helps with consistent hand placement. I have quite small hands so I found mine a bit too wide - easily fixed ;). Something to watch - if your bow shoulder is inclined to rise you may find it does so more with this shape of grip - you might find you need to work on the bow shoulder.

Overall - Very good product.

aquatoo

I use one on a Fibrebow. The original handle I found too wide and a was a bit inconsistent for my hand placement. The Jager is very much better. Highly recommended.

ZolcsiBB

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q17h3RwLDXs]YouTube - 2010.02.21_Slowed[/ame]

Put your hand in it like this and you will love it. :)

I have slightly modified my Jager grip though... It was a bit too wide for me.

AndyJ

I have a Jager grip on a Winstar II. It was perfect for me once I tried it, but initially I thought it was for a left handed bow

petehulme

I have a Jager grip on a Winstar II. It was perfect for me once I tried it, but initially I thought it was for a left handed bow
Hi AndyJ, I shoot a Winstar II as well and I've been having problems with consistency of my hand position and being uncomfortable in the draw (I think the narrow grip is pressing on the base of the thumb).

Do you find your grip helps with this? I'm thinking of trying one but they're quite expensive if I then find I don't like it and I don't think there's anywhere local where I could go and see one.

AndyJ

Hi AndyJ, I shoot a Winstar II as well and I've been having problems with consistency of my hand position and being uncomfortable in the draw (I think the narrow grip is pressing on the base of the thumb).

Do you find your grip helps with this? I'm thinking of trying one but they're quite expensive if I then find I don't like it and I don't think there's anywhere local where I could go and see one.
Hi Pete,
I was lucky enough to have a guy at my club who had a Jager grip on their Winstar II, and it felt lovely from the moment I picked it up.
The Jager grip has a slightly larger neck, but its main gain is getting your hand into the correct position every time which in turn lessens the riser pressing against your thumb base. I can now go shooting for a whole day and walk away with no redness or pain from the same area you're talking about.

Hope this helps.
Andy

pHz

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
i heard some interesting stuff (for me at least) about jager grips recently from lana needham - still in the process of investigating for myself so wont post details yet

pending results of testing though i love my jager grip for the feeling of consistency of hand position it gives

slainte :scared: rob

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
i heard some interesting stuff (for me at least) about jager grips recently from lana needham - still in the process of investigating for myself so wont post details yet
Thats not fair....spill the beans!!!! (by PM if you want...)

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
i know someone who had issues with their BEST jager in extreme heat (made the rubbery bit very spongy), but most of us don't come across that often. just keep the bow in the shade between ends if you're worried and problem solved. i believe you can get the grip without the rubbery bit, but to be honest, that's the bit i like. i cannot get on with traditional grips. too slippy.

petehulme

Can you please tell me which version you ordered for the Winstar II? I've looked on Jagerarchery.com and also on Centreshot, who seem to be the only place in the UK that stock this. In both places I see three options for W&W;-
  1. Win Act & Exfeel
  2. Accent & Inno
  3. Expert & NX
There's nothing listed for Winstar.

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Can you please tell me which version you ordered for the Winstar II? I've looked on Jagerarchery.com and also on Centreshot, who seem to be the only place in the UK that stock this. In both places I see three options for W&W;-
  1. Win Act & Exfeel
  2. Accent & Inno
  3. Expert & NX
are you LH? i have one going cheap!

Mr R

1. Win Act & Exfeel
  2. Accent & Inno
  3. Expert & NX
I've got the BEST grip from Centreshot back last year and I selected the Win Act & Exfeel option but entered in the comments box that the grip was to be fitted onto a Winstar II.

The grip fits perfectly.

AndyJ

1. Win Act & Exfeel
  2. Accent & Inno
  3. Expert & NX
I asked Paul the same thing before I ordered. I was told that I needed to put the exact riser details in the extra comments box.
Drop him an email first to be 100% safe, he's a really nice guy