new fivics srv 25", is this an issue?

KormosJ

The screw holes are too close Shibuya DX plunger and Spigarelli Zero Tolerance rest. I screwed the rest down tight once I adjusted the plunger so nothing is going anywhere. I can get by, but any suggestions going forward for a better setup so it doesn't look like this?

Attachments

Edwin Jones

I had the same problem with my W&W RCX-100 riser. I bought a socket head cap screw which has a smaller head diameter than the button head screw (as your pictures) you usually get to hold the rest on. Thread size is usually 5/16-24 UNF. I think this is the one I bought.

lbp121

You don't really need to use both holes. Several solutions. The bolt cap can be filed or ground to a flat on the side nearest the button, it will always tighten to the same place so will line up. As previous poster says , a cap head screw will be smaller dia head. Use double sided tape under the rest. Then it will stay in place whether button is there or not.

Edwin Jones

Ultimate question is, why do bow manufacturers make these holes so close together? Surely they realize the problem it causes?

Whitehart

Ultimate question is, why do bow manufacturers make these holes so close together? Surely they realize the problem it causes?
They are not there so you can put a wrap round rest on they are there for fine tuning if required yes you can put the button in the front one if really necessary foe arrow tune. Unless you shoot barebow and string walk I would put a stick on rest Shibuya or if you want something more robust the spiga evo 2

KormosJ

I had the same problem with my W&W RCX-100 riser. I bought a socket head cap screw which has a smaller head diameter than the button head screw (as your pictures) you usually get to hold the rest on. Thread size is usually 5/16-24 UNF. I think this is the one I bought.

Nice, I'll go get one of those today! Thank you!

gtek

They are not there so you can put a wrap round rest on they are there for fine tuning if required yes you can put the button in the front one if really necessary foe arrow tune. Unless you shoot barebow and string walk I would put a stick on rest Shibuya or if you want something more robust the spiga evo 2
Actually they are so you can install a wrap around rest. The tuning thing is a nice (though rarely if ever used at high level) side benefit.