Limbs New Limbs? What to buy?

After a loooooong break, I got the bug back and began shooting once more. Problem has been that after an accident, I couldn't draw the original poundage that I was used to. However, after 10 months I have worked up the poundage to where I am now able to think about upgrading to a decent set of limbs. The cheap wooden limbs have served me well, but watching the arrows arc slowly towards the target, is beginning to hack me off. I managed to beg/borrow/steal a bow with 34# carbon limbs the other night and the difference was immediately apparent. Easier to draw, hold and the arrow flew with a much flatter, faster trajectory. Therefore I think it's probably the right time to upgrade to carbon limbs. Problem is - which ones?

Looking through various web sites the prices vary - and more importantly seem to be above what I would want to spend. However, the old adage usually remains true. "You only get what you pay for!" Therefore, with all the knowledge that is around here, and with an approx ?200 -?250 budget, what would you guys recommend for ILF fitting?

I also keep looking on fleabay and see some 2nd hand limbs going at reasonable prices eg there are currently some Hoyt M1 Carbon limbs, but after a little research seem to think they must be quite old, 4 -5 years, with no idea how much they have been used or abused, which makes me wonder "is it worth the risk of bidding on them? And what are they actually worth?"

So any thoughts, recommendations or suggestions are gratefully appreciated.

Tuck

Presuming you want 34-36# Medium limbs , SF are discounting their 2013 Ultimate Pro limbs (win & win) for <?180, from many online shops. SF now not offering limbs to rival parent W&W.

Eat, Drink, Shoot, Enjoy.

Hawkmoon

At the top end of your budget would be a pair of Uuhka EX-1s which so far I have not found anyone with a pair that does not like them.

Thanks for both your comments.

Tuck - unfortuantely they are long limbs and currently "unsurprisingly" out of stock.

Hawkmoon - have been looking at the Uuhkas and am interested, but would like to try before I buy - so trying to organise a visit to somehwere which has them to compare agianst other.

Thanks for that will have to get my daughter to log on to FB for me, although not sure if that is a good idea, me looking on her FB, or even IF she would let me.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Check out some of the sale prices on the border Bows web site - HEX5 H's going for ?250....

Thanks for the info darthTer. Unfortunately, the limbs have had to make way for a new cam belt, auxiliary belt and water pump.

" Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water :-( "

Oh well there's always next year lol