Newbie: All change with new limbs

kinkychinky

Hi,

having moved onto 38lb G3's from 32lb Epics I have noticed my arrows react differently.

I have had to wind the sight mark horizontally to the right (right handed archer) so that the sight ring is almost obscured by the bowstring. The arrows also enter the target at a slight but noticeable angle. My pressure button is wound up to the stiffest otherwise the arrows will drift to the right of where I'm sighting.

I don't believe the arrows are too weak as I recently upgraded them from XX75 to Navigators (610's).

Any ideas of what could be causing this or any recommendations as to how to solve this problem.

Thanks.

The rest of my outfit:

Samick Agulla
G3 38lb limbs (short) - previous Epic 32lb (short)
18 strand Fast Flight
Arten Long rod
Arten Summit II
27.25" 610 Navigators
Draw length 26"

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Is this after doing the basic setup (centreshot and bareshaft...)? Have you checked sight/limb allignment?

By the way, you don't really mean 26" draw do you (unless you're measuring to the button, for some reason)? Draw length is measured as the distance to the pivot point (throat of the grip) plus 1.75"...
And what weight are you holding? That's not the marked weight on the limb, which might be quite different.
What weight points?

kinkychinky

Basic set up done except bareshaft.

Limb and sight alignment appear correct.

I thought draw length was measured just to the pivot point since my arrow length is 27.25" from tip of shaft to throat of nock, but I am just a newbie after all.

Tried something today. I used a "stiff plunger" and after adjusting the sight ring horizontally (to the left) the arrows shot perfectly straight with good size tight groupings. Maybe it's just my technique.