Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Discuss Next Limbs to go for :) at the Recurve Bow within Archery Interchange Forums; OK, I posted about next riser and think I got a unanimous vote to stick ...
    In the Blue
    Thanks

Next Limbs to go for :)

OK, I posted about next riser and think I got a unanimous vote to stick with what I've got for now!

However limbs are on my list.

The two limbs on my short list based on the fact that I want carbon limbs and something not too expensive are:

SF Elite Carbon Foam Limbs - 180 new - approx 100 second hand.

Mybo Synergy Carbon - 135 new

So I'm after something like the above. I have a 70" bow (so long limbs).

My current limbs are SF Elite Fibre Foam Limbs - 28lbs. However I have quite a long draw length so they are measured at 34.5lbs on the fingers (approx 31.5")

My Tiller bolts are currently would all the way in to give maximum poundage. From memory with the bolts would out 6 turns (max allowed) they were about 28lbs - however at that time my draw length was probably slightly less.

Anyway, I want to get some limbs that aren't much more poundage, but give the option to increase. However I've been told that carbon limbs feel easier to pull, so 34lbs on your fingers with carbon feels lighter than 34lbs with cheaper limbs - is this true?

I'm thinking perhaps 36lbs Carbon limbs would be OK with the tiller bolts back out the full 6 turns. I'm hoping that would feel similar to my current setup, but give room to potentially move up to 42lbs by winding the bolts in. Does that sound correct?

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the Blue
    Thanks
    I have shot the mybos in 32# and 36# weights at a similar draw length. Yes they're smooth to draw. Get to merlin; ask if you can shoot some arrows using the limbs you're interested in. They're quite heavy though and compared with a (secondhand) higher spec limb (from eBay) slow as a result. I'm a bit of a fan of secondhand kit; makes trying stuff out so much less of a worry! Is there anyone at your club with some long limbs you could try?

It's an X, it is no more. AIUK subscriber. Rik's Avatar
    Thanks
    Carbon lighter on the fingers: no.
    The feel is more to do with the design than the materials.

In budget end limbs, it's really hard to guess who might have a decent design. SF has maybe more of a track record - scuttlebutt suggests SF designs are basically the previous generation of W&W. But the usual advice to try them if you can still applies.
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Thanks, I've put a post on here to try and find some second hand ones but nothing close enough yet. What do you think of the sf elite carbon? How do they compare to the Mybo carbon?

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Where are you? You're welcome to try my 36# mybos.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    The Mybo carbons are a very good limb - I would rate them up with other carbon limbs costing 200-250 easily.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast