Nocks and Bowstrings

wingate_52

Changing my indoor arrows from 2014 X7 to 500 Fatboys also means I go from small groove easton g nocks to large groove easton 3D super nocks.
What is the best way to build up the string to the correct diameter.
Super glue, thread and superglue?
Any other problems apart from button, arrowrest, sight marks, tuning, etc.

Max

Good old Dental Floss from your chemist will do the trick if you don't want to re serve your string. It is an old trick I picked up at the club. I took a length about 6" long and centred in at the top knock, then tied a single knot. I then wrapped one end clockwise and one end anticlockwise around the string between the knocking points and finised it with another knot at the bottom. It is still holding up fine.

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Max said:
Good old Dental Floss from your chemist will do the trick if you don't want to re serve your string. It is an old trick I picked up at the club. I took a length about 6" long and centred in at the top knock, then tied a single knot. I then wrapped one end clockwise and one end anticlockwise around the string between the knocking points and finised it with another knot at the bottom. It is still holding up fine.
Couldn't agree more, it worked for me on bigger nocks.

Mick

wingate_52

Fatboy string

Nice idea Max, I can give that a try, and maybe Morphy can show me his string tomorrow at Wigan.