Old Kings of Kelso Bow

Alexhhh

A long time ago, I was very keen on archery (from 9 to 17 years of age) and the last bow I used was this one.

It is a Kings of Kelso 'Popular' 36lb draw at 28"

Time has gone by and I now find the bow has been in the attic for 40 years :mind-blow

I have strung it and drawn it OK, but my question is (see you knew I would get there eventually) will it withstand repeated use? If I sell it to someone, say on eBay, is it going to snap like a twig the first time its used in anger(or even the tenth time)

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Alex

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
well you send it to Brain Kupris for his collection - the bow and or photos :D

err... what hapenned to the wiki; or is it just me?

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Dave was repairing the wiki but I think things got in the way?? If the bow does not have any obvious separations, cracks etc. on the limbs it is probably safe to shoot (with a dacron string). and yes if you want rid of it it would go nicely in my collection or alternatively ebay it :)

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
well you send it to Brain Kupris for his collection - the bow and or photos :D

err... what hapenned to the wiki; or is it just me?
IIRC the wiki was gubbed by a security upgrade about a year ago. The author of the script we used to integrate it has also done a runner and it was proving a nightmare to hack it to get it to work.

Long term plan is to extract the data and then mash it into the "articles" function of vbulletin. At the moment though it only exists in the ether.

BorderBows

If there are any issues with this bow, im afraid its out of warrenty....:raspberry

(NICE Bow BTW, :beer::beer:)

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
This is the one I have. I think I like the wood in Alex's better...

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
If I'm reading the piccie correctly, am I right in thinking that this is a 66" bow???

If so, how would it handle being drawn to 31"???

Alexhhh

There has been one on eBay in the last couple of days - start at ?40.

The guy seemed to think that just because he'd seen one sell for ?70 he'd get that too!

It didn't attract any bids..........

Regards

Alex

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
There has been one on eBay in the last couple of days - start at ?40.

The guy seemed to think that just because he'd seen one sell for ?70 he'd get that too!

It didn't attract any bids..........

Regards

Alex
Alex,

I would have loved to have taken it off your hands...but based on the advice from Borderbows & BKupris, it might not be a good idea - 66" bow drawn to 31"...:scratchch

Alexhhh

That's my problem - it was fine while I was 17, but I seem to have grown 4" on my arms since then :cheerful: