Re Finish Limbs

markmingay

Ok Its my fault !! I left the bow set up in the house between sessions in the garden & the new puppy decided that the top limb would make a tasty treat.

I now have some nice teeth marks around the top of the limb. Any suggestions as to the finish used & best way to re-finish the limb. :bang:

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
I've heard that clear nail varnish can be used to seal nicks in the limbs. However it might be worth getting in touch with a bowyer or the manufacturer for some professional advice.
I seem to remember that one of the smaller UK manufacturers will re-finish limbs - can't remember which one though.

How badly damaged are the limbs? It might be safer to replace the limbs :wide-eyed

markmingay

Hi Tom
the limb is not very badly marked it is only surface damage to the finish so they are still ok to shoot. Just looks nasty. Lovely puppy just eats everything it can find :thumbsdow

Last edited:

markmingay

Thanks for the link, I e-mailed one of the companies mentioned unfortunately they would not help I will try the other later on. I would be interested to find out what the finish is.

Mark