Recurve cases

MrFish

Does anyone know what the shortest recurve case you can get its? I'm wondering if I can get one compact enough to fit on a motorcycle or if I should concentrate on passing my driving test instead

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Aurora City Pack....I have one and it's great - everything fits in that you need including your quiver!!!! It is very well made and is very comfortable to wear, it also has one of those belt straps for extra comfort!! :beer:

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I thought you had a shocq..or do you have two cases - one for each bow...

T.

Wrexham Exile

Ironman
bowsports sell a backpack type thingy that is good for holding bows etc in. i think it also comes with an arrow tube but not sure.

Al

Meddler

Archer on motorbikes...

MrFish said:
Does anyone know what the shortest recurve case you can get its? I'm wondering if I can get one compact enough to fit on a motorcycle or if I should concentrate on passing my driving test instead
Let me nail my colours to the mast... I have a Yamaha FJR1300, and three weeks ago I went off to an archery weekend with my equipment on the bike.

I would tend to say that a compound and a motorbike are no-nos.... Unless you know different. I haven't managed it yet...

I have one of the field locker cases and an arrow tube. The arrow tube goes across the back of the bike and is no wider than the panniers on the FJR - so filtering is still an option. The arrow case is approx the same width as the field locker. Previously I had the field locker on my Divvy 900, and as I had no panniers I was able to tie the field locker on vertically on one of the rear foot pegs. The case was I think level with my shoulders and bungeed on, and it didn't move. On the FJR, I would have a minor concern about the locker working as a wing, if I have the panniers fitted.. If you have something like a Givirack pannier system, it would be child's play to bungee everything together

AFAIK the Aurora back pack would be higher than the level of the top of your helmet, and have all the drag co-efficient of a JCB, with a danger of pulling your shoulders back, and you off the bike...

As to the car test go for it... but keep your bike - best of all possible worlds and so on...

Iain.

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
MrFish said:
Pass your driving test. That way you have a choice of transportation.

Last edited:

MrFish

All the pro bike argument's I'm coming up with are inappropriate for a family forum. I'm going to have to think about this one.

Robert

Ironman
I have a gpx600 , a z550 and a renault espace...into which you can fit both of the former at a push.

When I started out in archery I *COULD* of got all my archery posessions into a rucksac or similar and zipped over to the shooting field on the GPX..

However my archery kit seems to be trying to follow Moore's law
and unless I switch to a pan european ( and I'm NOT doing that !) It just dont fit anymore.

An espace might be a bit OTT at the moment but who knows how much gear I'll need in another 6 months time!

chris

MrFish said:
All the pro bike argument's I'm coming up with are inappropriate for a family forum. I'm going to have to think about this one.
i think i know all of them ;) no need to elaborate:boggled:
chris

napolienne

Fonz Awardee
MrFish said:
A case specifically designed for a recurve isn't the only option. Loads of people at our club cycle to the range - admittedly not with the velocity of a motorbike, but the problems are pretty much the same. A couple of people use hockey bags - long enough for arrow tube etc, other use tennis raquet bags (the bigger, semi-pro ones). The problem with these is that they tend to have only one strap - bit dodgy to sling from your back if you're going far or fast. Simplist option seems to be to use a midsized rucksack/bergen, which fits everything in quite comfortably and doesn't tower above your head. Pack it sensibly, use limb covers if you have them, and your kit will be fine. :D And you can spend the money you save on beer. Or more equipment.