Removing grip from riser.

blakey

Hoyt GM that says Hoyt/Easton on grip. Is there a correct method to remove grip without catastrophe?
Thanks

PS
Bow at 70" is too long and it will be traded, short limbed or sold.
If there is no sign of bolt or screw perhaps this is stuck on with double-sided tape, like the Nilos are. If so they are a booger to get off. I have levered mine off by inserting a flat screwdriver at the bottom of the grip and levering. Painful. But this is a famous riser, so someone should know for sure?

buzz lite beer

Heat will usually be the answer, either pour boiling water over the grip or apply steam by holding over a pan/kettle or a steam mop, then carefully lever it off, if it's ever been epoxy'd in place then your are probably going nowhere with it :)

deg

I have the same old riser: It is attached with double side tape, but I am not sure whether it was the original fix (I got it used). My grip came out after a bit of gently moving: the tape was pretty old and dry. You may try to put some oil inside (WD40 or similar will do) and let the glue soften.

ThomVis

I have a riser which had the grip glued on with windshield kit. Heat would have been useless. I crammed chips of an old credit card between the underside of the grip and the handle, slowly increasing tension on the kit. The plastic chips are hard enough not to compress, soft enough not to damage the grip or riser.

Imissedagain

Thanks
It moves a bit when I insert a flat blade screwdriver. I'll pour some solvent on the inside that won't hurt the plastic or finish. That should loosen any adhesive.
I just wanted to make sure it did not have any clip type retention.