Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samick risers

In the Green
    Thanks

Samick risers

Hi All. Iíve been using a club bow for the last 3 months and now want to take the plunge and buy my own. My local shop (30 miles or so) only seem to stock Core and Samick risers in the sub £100 price range which is all I want to pay at the moment.

The risers Iím looking at are the Core Genoxo, Samick Ideal and Samick Avante. My question is what is the difference between the ideal and avante? Also the local shop only seem to stock the older version of the avante (2 tone). What is the difference between that and the
    newer version (single colour)?

Ive tried looking online and asking others but nobody seems to know. Any help would be appreciated

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only £1.50 per month. Thank you!

Thanks
    Well I've never used or seen either, but to kick off the Samick Ideal is a lighter riser with a quoted weight of 1040 grams while the Avante is 1175 grams. As a beginner you may find the lighter riser less fatiguing (I certainly found a metal riser quite tiring to lift for a full session at first, when I moved from a wood beginner bow). However you do get used to it...

As neither mention they are made from forged billet it's safe to assume they are both cast aluminium risers. Cast risers are weaker than forged, but with your budget, it's unlikely you'd get a forged model. They both seem to have the usual features (dual plunger button holes, multiple stabilizer bushings, provision to attach a clicker etc.). There may be differences in the tiller/alignment system but it's not apparent from the photo's I can find. I dare say you should be able to try them both out at a shop, and that is going to be the best way to decide which is the better for you. They may vary in things like grip shape and feel, weight distribution, how well they absorb vibration etc. which won't be discovered without shooting them.

TBH I'm a bit confused why they would release two risers at the same price point, but there you go.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jonUK76 For This Useful Post:

Themaid (20-07-18)

In the Green
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply. I hadn’t realised the ideal was lighter so that is good to know. Yes, I intend to try them but just wanted to be a bit more clued up before I bought. As you say, I will probably go with what feels right when I try them, especially if there’s not a huge difference between them

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 910 Posts
    The core Genoxo, is magnesium, not ally and weighs in at 900g, so lighter than both Samicks.

Thanks
    The Core Gonexo riser is a development of the Core Air, which I've seen a few people using at the club. Yes it's a very light riser, and probably best used with lower draw weight limbs. It has a limb alignment adjustment using eccentric tiller bolts. Online I've found the Kinetic Heat being sold for around £100 which is a forged alloy riser made in the Win & Win factory, which looks good value at the price.

Thanks
    The alignment system on the samicks appears to be one of the washer or screw bolt types (from the pictures on the samick site). I prefer that to the eccentric bolt type, which can be tricky.
    All three risers are painted rather than anodized, so the finish may chip.
    The style of the gonexo irritates me - flat surfaces like an early machined riser. Corners like that are stress points. Probably not an issue on beginner kit with lighter limbs, but it's still poor design.
    The Avante has a look I like, more flowing and curvy, but that's personal preference.
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rik For This Useful Post:

Themaid (25-07-18)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast