CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Discuss SF Limb Marked Weight at the Recurve Bow within Archery Interchange Forums; Hello. Does anyone know if the marked weight on the SF Elite limbs are min:mid:max ...
    In the Gold
    Thanks

SF Limb Marked Weight

Hello. Does anyone know if the marked weight on the SF Elite limbs are min:mid:max draw weight? I am doing a weight change and would like some guidance.

Thank you.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Thanks
    It is the riser that determines the "marked limb weight" position - for example SF & W&W Limb bolts fully out Hoyt Mid position subject to all the mix and match +/- caveats

Also even limbs from the same manufacture will weigh up differently in different risers from the same maker ie. W&W CXT vs W&W TFT.

- - - Updated - - -

It is the riser that determines the "marked limb weight" position - for example SF & W&W Limb bolts fully out Hoyt Mid position subject to all the mix and match +/- caveats

Also even limbs from the same manufacture will weigh up differently in different risers from the same maker ie. W&W CXT vs W&W TFT.

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitehart View Post

Also even limbs from the same manufacture will weigh up differently in different risers from the same maker ie. W&W CXT vs W&W TFT..
    Thanks for the information. I wonder what the Fiberbow 6.3 limb bolt position would be? No information in the manual.

Thanks
    Mid position

- - - Updated - - -

Mid position

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitehart View Post
    Mid position

Excellent. Thank you. I have emailed Fiberbow to see what they suggest. Otherwise I would have had to borrow a par of limbs and measure the draw weight at limb bolts full-in and again at fully-out to get some idea.

In the White
    Thanks
    An example of "all the mix and match +/- caveats":

I'm shooting 38lb long SF Ultimate Pros on a Nano Max, currently wound in to give me a fraction over 42.5lbs OTF at 29".
    Last week I discovered that my top limb twists as I draw , so went into Merlin to have a look at some Wiawis NS limbs. They had some 40lb mediums in and an extra 2lb didn't seem unreasonable, but when mounted on my riser (same limb bolt position) measured 49lbs at 29" - so an extra 6.5lbs OTF for 2lbs marked. Consequently they're still at Merlin and I'm waiting for more (lower poundage) stock to come in. From the discussion whilst I was there, it seems that W&W limbs often come up heavier than marked.

- - - Updated - - -

An example of "all the mix and match +/- caveats":

I'm shooting 38lb long SF Ultimate Pros on a Nano Max, currently wound in to give me a fraction over 42.5lbs OTF at 29".
    Last week I discovered that my top limb twists as I draw , so went into Merlin to have a look at some Wiawis NS limbs. They had some 40lb mediums in and an extra 2lb didn't seem unreasonable, but when mounted on my riser (same limb bolt position) measured 49lbs at 29" - so an extra 6.5lbs OTF for 2lbs marked. Consequently they're still at Merlin and I'm waiting for more (lower poundage) stock to come in. From the discussion whilst I was there, it seems that W&W limbs often come up heavier than marked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast