CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Berny
Discuss Some "Border" takesdowns over the years .... at the Recurve Bow within Archery Interchange Forums; The first "Border" TD was George Birnie's Royal Scots Bows "Executive" (circa '65), with a ...
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Some "Border" takedowns over the years ....

The first "Border" TD was George Birnie's Royal Scots Bows "Executive" (circa '65), with a wooden riser, very much in the style of the Wing Presentation II.
    (I've never seen one, although may have a photograph of one & some brochure/advert pics).
    Next was the Kings of Kelso "Aquarius" (circa '71), with a metal riser & with limbs looking like those of the "Executive", with the classic Birnie "locator" section.
    (never seen or have photograph of one of these, apart from brochure/adverts).
    Now referring to the pictures:
    1. '64-'68, Royal Scots Bows "Scots Guard" which becomes the
    Kings of Kelso "Guardsman" & the Border Bows "Black Douglas"
    - the latter introducing the name applied to the now "iconic" Black Douglas TD.
    2. '72 Border Bows "Concorde"
    3. '72 Starcraft "Tri-Star" - although not specifically Border's, the bowyer left Kings to join,
    & later returned to Kings when Starcraft folded.
    4. '75-'76 Border Archery I, "Argosy"
    5. '75-'76 Border Archery I, "Argosy"
    6. '75-'76 Border Archery I, "Comet"
    7. '75-'76 Border Archery I, "Comet"
    8. '77 Perris "Whitehart", Border limbs - not sure if a Mk1 with this date or late '80 Mk2.
    9. '80 Border Archery I, "Mirage" (will later compare with the Marksman "Portland")
    10. '79 Border Archery I, "Meteor" - riser only (limbs similar mount to Comet/Argosy but different
    diameter bolt &/or pin).
    11. '80 Border Archery I, "Mirage" - riser only (anyone got a set of spare limbs?)
    12. '87 Pro Shop "Olympic Dream" - Border limbs.
    13. '86 Border Archery I, "Victor"
    14. '88 Border Archery I, "Black Douglas Mk2"
    15. '97 Border Archery I, "Black Douglas Elite"
    16. '97 Border Archery I, "Black Douglas Super"
    17. '98 Border Archery II, "Carbon" ILF limbs on anon-riser.
    18. '98 Border Archery II, "Viper" (a reprise of the Border Archery I "Lightning"?)
    19. '16 Border Archery II, "Raptor"
    20. '17 Border Archery II, "Covert Hunter"
    dvd8n and dottorfoggy like this.
    ArcheryDuns

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Nice I still cant get over limbs of Boarder that are like #20 how curved they are un strung. Also if I keeped all my bows over the years my wife would have a fit if she knew how many I have owned ( but luckly for me I have sold most LOL)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robert43 View Post
    Nice I still cant get over limbs of Boarder that are like #20 how curved they are un strung. Also if I keeped all my bows over the years my wife would have a fit if she knew how many I have owned ( but luckly for me I have sold most LOL)
    I haven't kept any bows over the years, as such, I acquired them since 2009!
    ....but now my wife want me to "plan" what she's to do with them if i drop dead! ;-)
    & she's not too happy at the number ....
    ArcheryDuns

Rik
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robert43 View Post
    Limbs like that aren't a great deal different, strung...
    Studio_20160820_133131.jpg
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.