spigarelli gua magnetic rest

micky 3 arrows

Hi
Has anyone fitted or uses one of these rests.
I have just fitted one to my W & W exfeel riser and it seams to be ok no fletching damage etc and arrows appear clean in target have not had chance to do a walk back test as I had to adjust button to fit rest.
I am just wandering how far rest should be under the arrow as there is a slight curve on rest that the arrow fits into ok as I dont know anyone who has the same rest I am assuming this is the correct position .
Even if not it is a lot better than my old rest
Mick

R

rgsphoto

All rests should be adjusted so the arrow is in line with the button, IE the centre of the shaft on the centre of the button. To do this the arm of the rest will need to be moved up or down.

micky 3 arrows

Hi
The rest is adjusted so the arrow is in centre line of the button but how far should the rest be under the arrow itself this rest seams to be held by the curve on the arm you can adjust arm and up and down positions withe micrometer slides
Mick

R

rgsphoto

micky 3 arrows said:
Hi
The rest is adjusted so the arrow is in centre line of the button but how far should the rest be under the arrow itself this rest seams to be held by the curve on the arm you can adjust arm and up and down positions withe micrometer slides
Mick
Hi M3A, just enough to stop the arrow falling off. Too much arm extension may cause contact problems with the vanes of the arrow. I'm not sure how you adjust for that on your rest, In some cases you have to bend the arm in a little to get the best results. There may be an adjuster for that on your rest too?

micky 3 arrows

Hi
If i put rest just under arrow it would be on the point of the curve an would be a bit unstable but like you say it needs to be just enough for the job to give good clearance .
I bought it from Bow Sports so I did not look at the rest before hand I dont think the curve is a fault as it is too precise ,will have to check one out visually ,still shoots very clean so I think I am looking for a problem that dos,nt exisist
Mick3a

R

rgsphoto

micky 3 arrows said:
Hi
If i put rest just under arrow it would be on the point of the curve an would be a bit unstable but like you say it needs to be just enough for the job to give good clearance .
I bought it from Bow Sports so I did not look at the rest before hand I dont think the curve is a fault as it is too precise ,will have to check one out visually ,still shoots very clean so I think I am looking for a problem that dos,nt exisist
Mick3a
If it aint broke' don't fix it! lol If you are anything like me you will try anyway:boggled:

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
HI,
I think you are asking about the arm that holds the arrow and how far below the arrow is the body of the rest. If I've got the right impression, I think the usual way to set up the rest is so the arm is facing uphill at about 45 degrees. If that makes the arrow fit badly into the hollow curve of the arm, try a flatter angle by raising the body then lowering th arm again to get the same level at the button.
Geoff

micky 3 arrows

Hi
That is the way I have got it set up so that if it is windy the arrow would stay on rest ok but not trapping it and when clicker is used it is quite secure I hav had now fletching damage at all so all seams well
Mick

Bald Eagle

The bottom tangent of the arrow should just make contact with the rest, it should not lay along the rest because when you draw back it will keep falling off. You need to set the rest with a slight angle. As for the button, for a right handed archer the arrow should be on the high side of centre of the button and low side for a leftie like me! This stops the button from coming loose. When you look at the plunger,if it's teflon, it should have a "star"pattern on it, not a groove. As the arrow passes, it spins the plunger to give this pattern, if it is set up as above!

wingate_52

Nice description of the tip of the button. The arrow should just contact the last 5mm or so of the wire arrow rest. Looking down on the arrow from above the button, you should not be able to see the wire rod of the rest where it touches the arrow, just.

micky 3 arrows

Hi
Thanks for the information I think I have got it set nearly right as arrows are very clean in target perfect nock height and ther is no kick on release at all may just take it up on height of button as suggested.
Overall very pleased with the rest,just need to do a walk back to give me piece of mind after altering button etc .
Mick

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Once you've had time to play with it...could you post a review of it in the Equipment review section...not that I'm an interested party...not me..:)

T.

Big Boy Blue

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I have used the Spig GUA since I got my Xpert NX and its very nice. Its very easy to do fine adjustment with arrow position and I have never found the arrow position move after its locked up.

I have no clearance issues with either my XX75's or my ACE's.

Another good point is it never wears out like the plastic ones

micky 3 arrows

Hi
Glad to find someone who uses this rest been down to our field today and put quite a few arrows through the rest really pleased with it.
I am useing 28 inch 670 A C E at present and they have never shot so good I was a bit worried about the clearance but havn't found a mark on the fletchings yet.
do you set the rest up so it is towards the top of the button like someone else suggested or on centre line of button

Big Boy Blue

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
If your concerned that you might have clearance issues try a using a spray on foot powder to see if you get any contact marks.

One of the advantages of the GUA is that it is highly adjustable, so you can set it up in a muber of ways to support the arrow.