Two-colour 8125 string wanted

murfz51

Hello all -

Been toying with the idea buying two 1/8lb spools of 8125 and some diamondback to make myself a fancy pants 2 colour string, but having played about with some spare b50 and the club jig - I'm not sure string making is my thing.

Now, I can't find anyone online that offers a custom made (or even mass manufactured) 8125 in yellow & black, except for Greg Hill - but the ?25 he's charging seems a bit steep for a single string.

Anyone got any other suggestions on where I could get the string I'm after, or want to make me a 16 strand yellow & black 8125 string for around the ?15 mark?

Ffish

Stan Seymour at Aim4Sport will make two coloured strings for you, for about that sort of price.

His contact details are on this site.

murfz51

Thanks chaps, neither of those list ready-made 8125 strings, but I'll give them both a call.

I know Stan is pushing the giga string material, so didn't think he'd be up for making 8125 ones. Actually, has anyone tried a giga S1 string versus 8125?

Any other suggestions very welcome....

Alexam

Coloured Strings

Hello all -

Been toying with the idea buying two 1/8lb spools of 8125 and some diamondback to make myself a fancy pants 2 colour string, but having played about with some spare b50 and the club jig - I'm not sure string making is my thing.

Now, I can't find anyone online that offers a custom made (or even mass manufactured) 8125 in yellow & black, except for Greg Hill - but the ?25 he's charging seems a bit steep for a single string.

Anyone got any other suggestions on where I could get the string I'm after, or want to make me a 16 strand yellow & black 8125 string for around the ?15 mark?
........ I have two coloured strings - black and white and red & white 8125 18 strand obtained from Wales Archery and they are great.

They are named SUPRA and I believe that they may be available in other colours, so give them a ring. I believe that the price was about ?12, but not sure on this.

I'm also not into making strings as I feel that for a few pounds saving and the possibility of motre frustration and stress, it's not worth it.

Good luck

Malcolm

P.S. If you fill in your User CP, you may get more local information and contact as at present there is no info on where you are, what you shoot or anything.

compkiller

The American
American Shoot
try Aardsvark archery. bit north for ya but its an option.
pete

Les advised me to stay away from two colour strings due to their being a possibility of them having different properties, in a similar way that different coclour spinnies have different weights and stiffness.

ksullivan

Kilmore Archery over here in Northern Ireland sells multi-coloured 8125 strings. The word Supra is in the name somewhere. I have one in my bow case - or it might be in someone elses bow case now (I might have given it away).

The string was red, black and yellow I think. Went quite nicely with a red Hyot riser and reb CX900 limbs.

Trunkles

The American
American Shoot
I'm not sure string making is my thing.
Like the rest of archery - practice with that dacron until you produce good strings then try single colours in 8125 then you can play with two. Just bought myself 1/8th spool of 8125 to play with.

EDIT - and lurk in pro-shops watching them make strings - an education

murfz51

P.S. If you fill in your User CP, you may get more local information and contact as at present there is no info on where you are, what you shoot or anything.
Thanks for the reminder Malcolm - CP now updated.

Trunkles, yeah, I'm swinging more towards making strings again now. Having battled with serving in a beiter nock point, making a string is comparatively easy!

Plus I ought to experiment with fewer strands as my arrows are a touch stiff. Oh, and no-one seems to be able to offer the yellow/black 8125 combo I want anyhow...

The Meggy

Thanks for the reminder Malcolm - CP now updated.

Trunkles, yeah, I'm swinging more towards making strings again now. Having battled with serving in a beiter nock point, making a string is comparatively easy!

Plus I ought to experiment with fewer strands as my arrows are a touch stiff. Oh, and no-one seems to be able to offer the yellow/black 8125 combo I want anyhow...
I must say it is nice (and useful) to be able to make your own strings. There is the initial expense of buying all the materials, serving tool, string jig etc., plus your first few efforts may not be too marvelous. But once you're up and running it makes it easier to experiment with different strand counts/string lengths/serving materials which is cool. Read all you can about string making on the web and in books and stuff, plus I would echo the comment about hanging around in Pro Shops! There are a few slightly different approaches, but you will quickly figure out what works for you. Two 1/8 lb reels of 8125 will last you for quite a while too (from experience)! 16 strand would be worth trying if you have a slightly stiff tune.