Riser Uukha Upro riser

blakey

Does anyone have an experience with Upro riser? About uukha Upro is very few review. Thanks
Might be worth trying Tradtalk. I'd be interested to know as well. I have heard rumours that they are very stiff, unlike the Fiberbow which is said to flex? Whether that is good or bad I do not know? I had a Fiberbow and thought it shot superbly.

Whitehart

All risers flex with the proper use of carbon you can control the direction that the riser flexes.

The upro is just a bit heavier than the uprolite - perhaps one benefit is that there are 7 different grip options.

blakey

All risers flex with the proper use of carbon you can control the direction that the riser flexes.

The upro is just a bit heavier than the uprolite - perhaps one benefit is that there are 7 different grip options.
The website claims the Upro is 70% stiffer than the Lite. It is also much heavier, coming in at nearly 3 lbs. Which for my purposes would be good, since I shoot barebow and like the weight. Do you know how the riser balances vertically in the hand naked? Does it hang vertical or does it tip back to the head? I've been considering one for a while now? Cheers

Whitehart

The website claims the Upro is 70% stiffer than the Lite. It is also much heavier, coming in at nearly 3 lbs. Which for my purposes would be good, since I shoot barebow and like the weight. Do you know how the riser balances vertically in the hand naked? Does it hang vertical or does it tip back to the head? I've been considering one for a while now? Cheers
Oh patrick told me last Monday they were the same I guess there might be some difference due to the weight I will find out.

The riser is a bit top heavy not as much as hoyt & w&w but it does tilt backwards.

blakey

Right it was a long week last week and I got it wrong. my bad :(

You were right the Upro is 70% stiffer than the uprolite, re rotational inertia

See this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqHMlyTiZZc
Thanks for that. It's interesting to see the actual internal weights. It looks as though they are exactly the same each end of the riser. I have often wondered why the designers/manufacturers don't load up the bottom of the riser for barebow. FITA barebow, which I think has the biggest following, could really use a riser that balanced vertically. It seems such an obvious thing, yet no one to my knowledge has intentionally done it. It does look as tho the Upro is nearly there.

Whitehart

Thanks for that. It's interesting to see the actual internal weights. It looks as though they are exactly the same each end of the riser. I have often wondered why the designers/manufacturers don't load up the bottom of the riser for barebow. FITA barebow, which I think has the biggest following, could really use a riser that balanced vertically. It seems such an obvious thing, yet no one to my knowledge has intentionally done it. It does look as tho the Upro is nearly there.
The riser does balance vertically, with the exception because of its unique lightness and IMO requires at least 190g of weight added lower down the Fiberbow (although many do shoot it barebow with no weight added) all Italian risers do the new Gillo G1, Spigarelli and Bernardini

blakey

The riser does balance vertically, with the exception because of its unique lightness and IMO requires at least 190g of weight added lower down the Fiberbow (although many do shoot it barebow with no weight added) all Italian risers do the new Gillo G1, Spigarelli and Bernardini
The Upro is coming in at 2 lbs 14 ozs, the Gillo at 3 lbs without the weight. These aren't light risers.
I've shot Fiberbow, Spig and Bernardini :) I own a Nilo and a Luxor. None of them hang vertical unless you load them up. I've heard the Gillo does with that massive counterweight bolted on. The only riser I have ever shot that does this was the Vanquish, which funnily enough was not designed for Barebow but Olympic. I have managed to tweak the Luxor to do it, and I shoot really well with it. My problem with all of these designs is that they become so heavy when the necessary weight is added. The Upro is up there with conventional ally risers for weight, so I'm not sure what the expected gain with carbon is, if it still needs weight to be added? :) Cheers

Last edited:

Vittorio

The Upro is coming in at 2 lbs 14 ozs, the Gillo at 3 lbs without the weight. These aren't light risers.
I've shot Fiberbow, Spig and Bernardini :) I own a Nilo and a Luxor. None of them hang vertical unless you load them up. I've heard the Gillo does with that massive counterweight bolted on. The only riser I have ever shot that does this was the Vanquish, which funnily enough was not designed for Barebow but Olympic. I have managed to tweak the Luxor to do it, and I shoot really well with it. My problem with all of these designs is that they become so heavy when the necessary weight is added. The Upro is up there with conventional ally risers for weight, so I'm not sure what the expected gain with carbon is, if it still needs weight to be added? :) Cheers
As Whitehart says, (almost) all Italian risers are balanced vertically, but this does not mean that a strung bow made by t them is also statically balanced verrtically without the addition of weights, apart of course for the super heavy Spigarelli BB and 650' risers. Th elimbs bring the center of gravity behind the riser, and this is normal. balanced vetically means only that you don't have to add such a big amount of weights as you must do with other risers, and this is also true in Olympic configuration, of course. If the riser is balanced, to balance the full bow is simply easier... that's all.
Why other risers manufactures prefer to make unbalanced risers? Frankly no one here has ever understood why.