Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (Very) light draw weight limbs - best quality available?

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK American Shoot.I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot. hooktonboy's Avatar
    Thanks

(Very) light draw weight limbs - best quality available?

My shoulder problems continue, such that if I wish to keep shooting, I need to stay in the very low weights. If you have recent experience of limbs in the area of 24# / 26# marked - do you have a view on what are the best quality limbs available in that bracket, and why? Or put another way, are there any that you would avoid?

I've used Samick Privilege's for some recuperation, and whilst I rate them for the money, the very light (22#) ones are extremely short on lateral stiffness. I have a pair of SF SHC (the old dark grey ones) at 24# that are very much better and perform well. Do you think there might be anything better out there? What do people think of the SF Elite's? Not realistically going to be shooting long distances, but don't see any reason to compromise quality.

Would welcome hearing your experiences.

TIA
    JFDI

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Sorry about your shoulder problem, I have a sensitive shoulder too from an old accident, have to take it easy in things like increasing draw weight by being sure to warm up fully and small increases in draw weight like one-two pounds at a time.

Even though I've got my draw weight up quite well, I still regularly use my beginning 24# limbs (the SF Axioms) for working on the form and on recoup days with a bag target. I haven't tried any of the more expensive limbs, still using wood/glass limbs (SF Premium) and am quite happy with them.

Your question on which better limbs to get is a real tough one to answer, limb feel is so personal, all I can say is most of the top limbs are made in low poundage's like 20-22 on up. I guess the best way is to try them.

Thanks
    Hi Hooktonboy,

Likewise, sorry that your shoulder isn't improving. I haven't had quality limbs at this draw weight, however, you could always give Sid at Border a call or alternatively, Uukha's higher end offerings start at 24lbs and their "progression" limbs at 22lbs Uukha fabricant d'arcs recurve olympique en carbone.

Best,
    Backinblack

In the Blue
    Thanks
    We had the same issue for my wife. She has to stay at light weights (low 20s), so we wanted as much efficiency from that as possible. She has Border Hex6-H limbs (on a Black Douglas riser) which she is very happy with. Not tried Uukha, and W&W don't go below 28lb so the Inno EX limbs are out.

Thanks
    I had a similar issue returning to shooting a year ago, used 24# Samick Vision Carbon Wood limbs, pretty good.

Hoyt Carbon 720's and Quattros go down to 22#, so pick your quality. Border Archery will make pretty much any spec asked.
    Eat, drink, shoot, enjoy.

In the Gold
    Thanks
    I'll always keep shooting the low poundage bow in addition to the higher poundage one so thinking of getting better limbs for it also. I shoot 5-6 days a week and shooting max poundage all those days kind of starts to wear on my old joints. Shooting 26# one or two days is a nice change of pace.

Also with the sight pulled in a bit, carbons, and the high shelf anchor, 26# makes it to 70m no problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast