Winact or AXT window width

EVC

Any owner of one of these could tell me about how these risers' windows compare with e.g. the INNO Max's? The latter has too narrow a window for my taste. From the top of my head the Winex has a decent (IMO) window width comparable to the Hoyt GMX's which I think is fine.

Thank you for any hint.

Elder.

EVC

That is an excelent question. I measured 12mm from riser center (using upper bushing as a reference) to window inner wall. The SF Forged+ is about the same. I would say, from the top of my head, based on how much the button protruded, that that distance is around 10mm for the INNO Max

I do not have an INNO Max. I borrowed one from a friend for test driving and I remember the button did not protrude from it as much as the GMX when I set the centre shot. If one uses a stick on rest, it must be very skinny otherwise there is no way one can set it for an aluminum arrow.

EVC

Thank you for the info. This new Winact VT looks very nice. Very tempting. I wonder how it compares with the more expensive AXT which I am considering (and based on the pictures in the catalog seems to have the wider window I like).

chuffalump

The AXT looks lovely. That would have been my preferred option if I could justify the cost to myself. The VT is my first rung on the W&W ladder. 😀. Doesn't look quite like the pictures though. The machined rebates on the belly side of the riser, seen most clearly on the back of the limb pocket, are actually polished smooth transitions on the real thing. Makes it look less industrial. Probably cheaper to produce. However, I like it and it does its job.