Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Discuss Winex Limbs at the Recurve Bow within Archery Interchange UK Forums; I am thinking of changing from my Winact to Winex limbs . All my club ...
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks

Winex Limbs

I am thinking of changing from my Winact to Winex limbs. All my club members with carbon/foam limbs seem to have an almost effortless time, drawing their limbs. Win&Win, Borders are the popular brands. No one has the Winacts unfortunatly. I have 40# limbs and have 43# on the fingers. Should I increase to 44# or have an easy time with 42# Winex limbs. My arrows will still be spined for the increase, although I will get another set of Navigators or X 10's for next season outdoors. I want a flatter trajectory. Tighter sight marks, and the ease of draw afforded by carbon/foam limbs.I realise that if I am holding 45#, I am holding that poundage, but the carbon /foam limbs certainly feel lighter and easier. Shooting a 27 1/4" arrow and 68" limbs on a 25" riser, I would not think stacking is much of an effect. Advice and opinion please.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wingate_52
    I have 40# limbs and have 43# on the fingers. Should I increase to 44# or have an easy time with 42# Winex limbs. My arrows will still be spined for the increase, although I will get another set of Navigators or X 10's for next season outdoors.
    You arrows may be spined for the increase. The usual opinion seems to be that Winex shoot a few pounds faster than their actual weight (compared to traditional limbs like the Winact). So the combination of a draw weight increase and moving to Winex, might be an issue...

In the Red
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    I am thinking of changing from my Winact to Winex limbs. All my club members with carbon/foam limbs seem to have an almost effortless time, drawing their limbs. Win&Win, Borders are the popular brands. No one has the Winacts unfortunatly. I have 40# limbs and have 43# on the fingers. Should I increase to 44# or have an easy time with 42# Winex limbs. My arrows will still be spined for the increase, although I will get another set of Navigators or X 10's for next season outdoors. I want a flatter trajectory. Tighter sight marks, and the ease of draw afforded by carbon/foam limbs.I realise that if I am holding 45#, I am holding that poundage, but the carbon /foam limbs certainly feel lighter and easier. Shooting a 27 1/4" arrow and 68" limbs on a 25" riser, I would not think stacking is much of an effect. Advice and opinion please.
    You'll find a big difference with Winex I think. I'm on my second set and they're lovely limbs...they're also faster than the poundage suggests so you should get some yardage for free...go to W&W site for the math.

I shoot 42 # limbs w 45# on fingers and only have to move the sight in a little at 100 yds shooting Tungsten x10's...with ACE's no movement is necessary...walk in the park...cast to spare

enjoy

ps...I'm using 470 ACE and 450 x10...so spine might be an issue
    Last edited by kato; 21-07-06 at 10:59 AM. Reason: forgot a point

In the Gold I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award. Big Boy Blue's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Winex are superb limbs, smooth to pull and especially around the clicker but they are fast. The theoretical arrow speed from my bow should be 190fps but the claculated speed using sight marks from 30 & 80 yrds yields an arrow speed of 200fps. You can see why they behave like heavier limbs.
    BBB - Whiteleaf

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Kato and Big Boy Blue, please can you tell me what # limbs you moved up from. Any problems with the increase, excluding arrow spine. Was the change worthwhile in terms of points performance, class and ease of shooting?

In the Gold I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award. Big Boy Blue's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    I moved up from using 34lb Everest Pro's with no problems. For me even with the sight nearly full out I can get all ranges from 18M to 90M within the sight bar. Settings are 2.15 and 91.2 respectively.

I cannot enlighten you any further as I also changed to ACE's when I got my Winex, so I was only shooting Plat Plus on the EP's so any comparisons are not worth much.
    BBB - Whiteleaf

In the Red
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Kato and Big Boy Blue, please can you tell me what # limbs you moved up from. Any problems with the increase, excluding arrow spine. Was the change worthwhile in terms of points performance, class and ease of shooting?
    I won't be much help either I'm afraid...was shooting 38 lb limbs maxed out on a NX Expert, which with my draw length gave me a measured 45lbs on the fingers. Switched to a Helix riser which amongst other things meant I lost about an inch in draw length and because the Hoyt riser is only adjustable +/- 5% as oposed to the +10% of the NX expert I ended up with only 41 lb on the fingers.
    So, with the 42 lb limbs and my riser maxed out I'm still only pulling a measured 45lbs on my fingers.

You don't say whether your riser is maxed or not...if it is, then a 4 lb increase in limb poundage would seem easy as you've got plenty of downward adjustment if you find it difficult yet still have room to increase it as and when without having to get another set of limbs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    I still have some adjustment left on my riser to wind the limbs up a couple of pounds. But why make things difficult for myself. Extra pounds/or fps at no disadvantage. It's only money. If I spend it the kids will have less.

In the Red
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    I still have some adjustment left on my riser to wind the limbs up a couple of pounds. But why make things difficult for myself. Extra pounds/or fps at no disadvantage. It's only money. If I spend it the kids will have less.
    I meant if you're going for new limbs...go for the 4 lb increase rather than 2....save having to buy a second set of new limbs later

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    I agree going up in limb weight by 2lbs is not worth it.
    BBB - Whiteleaf

In the Red
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy Blue
    I agree going up in limb weight by 2lbs is not worth it.

cool...go for it...and if you end up maxing out the nx with 42 # limbs you'll have the very definition of 'flat trajectory'

watch out though...mine often go through straw targets even at 100 yds

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    I would seriously recommend that you don't buy Winex mail order. I shoot 38lb G3 limbs at about 44lb at full draw. (32 ish arrows) My experiences with Winact was I needed 2lb less than Hoyt. So I bought 36lb Winex. At the same riser and clicker setting these only gave me 41lb and wouldn't wind up much past 43 maxed. They are also very twitchy when maxed.

The only issue I have with them is that at full draw there is not much to pull against so the aiming feels a little unprecise. So you need heavier limbs to give the right feel.

Direct comparison at the same bow weight using a Chrono and Winex are 1/2lb faster than G3. (for me)

If anyone has a set of 40lb 70" Winex and would like to go lighter - you know where to come! (Shot for about 1 month)

This may not apply to you as I think it could be a feature of the longer draw Winex limbs. However, when you shell out your cash and then find they're too light believe me - you'll be p$Sd

I like Winex limbs but the 2# per inch of draw above 28" just doesn't work at all!

YMMV and good luck

Stretch

In the Red
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch
    I would seriously recommend that you don't buy Winex mail order. I shoot 38lb G3 limbs at about 44lb at full draw. (32 ish arrows) My experiences with Winact was I needed 2lb less than Hoyt. So I bought 36lb Winex. At the same riser and clicker setting these only gave me 41lb and wouldn't wind up much past 43 maxed. They are also very twitchy when maxed.

The only issue I have with them is that at full draw there is not much to pull against so the aiming feels a little unprecise. So you need heavier limbs to give the right feel.

Direct comparison at the same bow weight using a Chrono and Winex are 1/2lb faster than G3. (for me)

If anyone has a set of 40lb 70" Winex and would like to go lighter - you know where to come! (Shot for about 1 month)

This may not apply to you as I think it could be a feature of the longer draw Winex limbs. However, when you shell out your cash and then find they're too light believe me - you'll be p$Sd

I like Winex limbs but the 2# per inch of draw above 28" just doesn't work at all!

YMMV and good luck

Stretch
    this topic [bow eight relationship to arrow velocity and sight marks] is such a head job

Recently shortened my draw length 3/4 of an inch and lost a measured 2# in draw weight[admittedly scales vary] but interesting thing was that the sight marks stayed the same because of gains from the resulting cleaner release

I'd also seriously recommend try before you buy just so you are fully aware of implications for you...I think most good shops will let you play with new limbs for a few days and swap out if unsuitable

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    I will def try before I buy. Thanks for the info on weight. I will try a set of 44# limbs. The idea of a flat trajectory sounds great. One club member ( master bowman level) shoots 48#, wind has no effect on his arrows.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    As I was in a kind of experimental mood today - I stuck my Winex back on but didn't wind them up, just balanced the tiller to 0. At about 42lb they were shooting 10 size groups at 70m - and the arrows were flying very badly (probably getting on for a full spine stiff). They were also a lot more forgiving than they had been maxed out.

I still find them a bit soft at full draw but increasing my drawlength towards my maximum draw length has improved things a bit.

Unlike Kato, my sight marks were well down of the same limbs at 44lb and significantly down on the G3 limbs at 44lb. (~-8mm)

Results were great though -maybe there is a little more mileage in this

Stretch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast