Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Discuss x10s for recurrve. at the Recurve Bow within Archery Interchange Forums; X10s for my recurve, yes or no, if not why/. I currently have 43lbs on ...
    In the Black
    Thanks

x10s for recurrve.

X10s for my recurve, yes or no, if not why/. I currently have 43lbs on me fingers. Any advice for pile weight and fletchings would be appreciated.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Assuming that you have a draw length long enough to take them (they can only be trimmed so much), that you're experienced enough to tune them etc and you can afford them then I don't see why not.

They're a really good arrow, the downside is the price and while they're stronger than ACE's they're more prone to damage than a parallel shaft like the ACG or Cartel Triple. If you mostly shoot into straw then that would be a major consideration in my experience.

For pile weight there is a recommendation on the Easton website (personally I see this as the minimum as I prefer a heavier point). I would go for tungsten points, they're pricey but they'll last for a few sets of shafts and reduce the risk of the shaft splitting on a hard target.

For fletchings then that's another can of worms, I've tried spin wings (not a fan, I find they damage too easily) and Eli Vanes (I like them) and I've recently bought some XS wings to try as they're supposed to be even more robust

It's an X AIUK subscriber. bimble's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark31121 View Post
    For pile weight there is a recommendation on the Easton website (personally I see this as the minimum as I prefer a heavier point). I would go for tungsten points, they're pricey but they'll last for a few sets of shafts and reduce the risk of the shaft splitting on a hard target.
    The point weight recommendations are for good FOC. Tungsten if you're shooting in straw, if you only shoot into foam stainless steel is fine (and much friendlier to the wallet)
    Knowing is half the battle, the other half is violence

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I think good FOC is a bit subjective, it's just a personal preference that I go will a heavier point.

I've had one split on a foam target - admittedly it was a brand new target so a bit hard and it was indoors (tuning) so at full speed. These were with over-long arrows though so the carbon by point was really thin with the barreling. In the end I managed to trim that one down.

If you're going to do competitions etc you don't always know what the targets are going to be (or if you get the occasional one in the wood) and having an alternative set of arrows that tune with the same setup isn't always possible, especially for recurve.

I have known someone shoot into straw indoors using steel points and she didn't have any problems for a whole season at least, I haven't asked since.

Thanks
    You don't state what length your current arrows are. If you're an orangutan you might find the extra weight of the X10 kills your sight marks, otherwise everything said above is valid.

In the Black
    Thanks
    Yes sorry guys, my current arrows are 30" from tip of pile to throat of nock.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast