Thanks

2006 Bowtech Allegiance

"A fast miss is still a miss"

How often have you heard that.

Or

"I'ld rather a slow 10 to a fast miss"

How about

"I'ld rather a fast 10 than a slow miss"

Because with the 2006 Allegiance that's what you get.

My 2006 Allegiance arrived last week, however I have been shooting so well with my 2005 Allegiance I sold it to one of our staff shooters (Luke) straight away. (our staffers pay for their bows, that way you know they shoot them because they want to)
    It's blue chrome, 28" 60lb.

After some initial setup and making sure the arrows cleared we shot some shots through it. The Accuracy was impressive. Even with a slighter higher peep than I am used to I shot 3 arrows in the same hole at 18m. (all to the right of teh 10, but that's OK, we have not set the sights)
    Luke's a 3D shooter so speed matters to him for 3D. He's an impressive indoor shooter so accuracy matters bigtime. Our initial shots looked good. However the bow was so gentle to shoot that he was worried. Would it meet it's birth certificate speed of 306fps? As he has put on a peep and dloop we had doubts.

We put on the Radarcron (which we have found quite accurate) and Luke shot his 300 grain Lightspeed 3D arrow.

315fps

No way! Couldn't be right.

Fired again

315fps.

Unfreakingbelievable.

Here is a gentle X killer shooting 315fps at only 28" draw. To give you an idea my 05 model does 296 at the same specs.

Wow!!

Fast AND accurate. It is possibly to buy both. And don't let the 34" axle to axle fool you, this bow holds rock still.
    [Beiter Nocks] [Urban Archery]

rgsphoto
    A roumour is starting to spread over her in my neck of the woods that Bowtech's eat bow strings and have problems with the stabiliser bushing falling out/coming loose. Have you any experience of this?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I know Marcus loves his Bowtechs and, whilst I have no wish to start a "my bow's better than your bow' type of thread, I do think anyone shooting (or considering shooting) Bowtech should take a good loook at the following AT thread:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=273675

Now I'm relatively new to this archery game, but I have never seen that kind of damage - with its huge potential for serious personal injury - on any other type of bow.

Marcus can correect me if I'm wrong, but I believe Bowtech, Matthews and PSE use the same basic limb material and construction.

Just food for thought.

Adam

Thanks
    im glad i went for mathews instead of bowtech after seeing this picture's

Thanks
    Yes you are right Marcus, the 2006 Bowtech Allegiance is a formidable machine and shoots very well, I'm impresed. I guess all manufacturers have had bad press with at least one of their bows, 50-60lb is adequate weight for any bow so we should see no problem. Also, if you keep the strings well waxed they should last for a year, I'm just thinking of changing mine.

Thanks
    Ah yes the ArcheryTalk hype machine at it again.

There was a picture of a Mathews Outback limb that had done the same thing, quite impressive.
    What you must remember is:
    All limbs have failures. The more you stress the limbs the higher the chance of failures.
    Bowtech outsold Hoyt by 10% last year, that's a huge number of bows. Out of 2005 Bowtechs we sold we have had 2 limbs crack. An incredibly small failure rate for what the ArcheryTerrorists are reporting as a huge problem.
    There is ALOT of undercover anti-Bowtech posting on AT. I have seen as many reports of Mathews, Martin and other brands of bows blowing up on there, but there is a crowd pushing that Bowtechs fail more than others.

What about this thread
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=162521

Now as for eating strings. My guess is that one guy may have had a sharp edge so has made ALOT of noise. I have not even had serving break on my Allegiance and my current set of strings is now 8 months old. I shoot 500-1000 a week through it.
    In fact none of my customers have complained about string issues.
    On the flip side I have had problems with my Ovation and Switchback eating serving on the bottom cam, and watched a Hoyt chew through a string in 10 shots.

When you hear rumours you must check other sources. One person's bad experiance will be much louder than 9 happy customers.
    [Beiter Nocks] [Urban Archery]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast