AC Nav vs ACE vs Protour

Tank

I have tried looking for the weight comparison of these three arrows but without much luck, anyone know the weight per inch of each of these three arrows and what impact they should have on sight marks if any?

Thanks for your help.

Hidden Hippo

For me:

Nav 540 - 7.4 grains per inch - 199.8gr
ACE 520- 6.7 grains per inch - 180.9gr
X10 500 - 7.8 grains per inch - 210.6
X10 Protour 520 - 7.3 grains per inch - 197.1gr

Personally I shoot X10s, meaning that over the same spine ACE my arrows are approximately 27gr heavier (27" arrow). Given that this is about 10% of the total mass of an ACE and the X10 is thinner it has a substantial effect on sightmarks and wind drift. I couldn't give exact numbers as I don't shoot the same setup (nor have I shot an ACE out of my compound).

The Easton Shaft Selector has the weight per inch for all the shafts offered for your setup.

pmiddl

Easton Shaft Selector as stated before, or any of the Easton Catalogues. Different spines have different gpi so without knowing what spines you are interested in, it is hard to answer :)

Tank

Sorry I should have stated that,

I currently shoot 430 navs 29inch, but will be looking for 28.5/29inch ace's or protours. I'll check out the easton spine selector...

Tank

Nav - 8.4 total 244
Protour - 8.3 total 240
Ace - 7.5 - 218

Crickey I didnt realise how light the ACE actually is, 26 grains per inch over the Nav, something like 12% difference. What's the sight mark benefit of something like that (obviously it depends on your face, peep hight etc) just a rough guide would be useful?

The Meggy

Nav - 8.4 total 244
Protour - 8.3 total 240
Ace - 7.5 - 218

Crickey I didnt realise how light the ACE actually is, 26 grains per inch over the Nav, something like 12% difference. What's the sight mark benefit of something like that (obviously it depends on your face, peep hight etc) just a rough guide would be useful?
It is quite a bit lighter isn't it? It might well work to your advantage, but I tend to think a bit more mass is actually good for compound shooting. The Protour is made to be the best possible compound arrow, so why didn't they make that lighter if it's so beneficial? Personally, I think the Navigator is a better arrow for compound than the ACE (and it is cheaper) though maybe for fairly low poundage shooters the ACE is worth considering. Just my thoughts though...

pmiddl

Nav - 8.4 total 244
Protour - 8.3 total 240
Ace - 7.5 - 218

it wouldnt be 26 grains per inch, its 26 grains at full length. 0.9 gpi :)

disbloke

Word of warning on the Protour this shaft will break if you shoot it into straw bosses. Been there done that. I am not knocking the arrow merely letting you know, in case you didn't. The Protour is better off a compound than the X10 jus a case of if you can afford the breakages.

There are several, I think threads on here about the Protour, good arrow but boss design in UK hasn't keep up with technology in arrows.

Just my 2p for what it's worth.

Marcus26

What you should be asking is "What kind of drift disadvantage is there in a shaft that light?"
Answer = significant

Nav - 8.4 total 244
Protour - 8.3 total 240
Ace - 7.5 - 218