Compound Bow Advice on price for a bow.

Drake267

Hi guys, i have a chance to buy a 2015 hoyt pro elite, used, fits my draw length etc. Looks to be in really good condition. Just the bare bow but has recently been fitted with a new reign string. Shot 300 arrows or so since. What do you think is a fair price for it? Just weighing up whether to buy this or a new mybo or pse. If anyone could give me a rough idea on its worth it would be most appreciated. Thanks guys.

jerryRTD

Caution

OK I have had a look at the link and as far as I can see the bow is advertised as having a 27 inch draw length. That means it has the 26 inch to 27.5 inch cam, the shortest of the three options. That's the problem with hoyts the three cam coverage of the draw length means that if for some reason such as a change in style or form your draw length changes you could have to fork out for new cams if you are right on the limit of the current cams. When you come to sell the bow on it will be more difficult to sell as the buyer may have to budget for new cams in their size. You would be better off with a bow that has a single rotating cam module, then if something changes no problem and easier to sell on.

Drake267

Cheers Jerry but i think you are looking at the wrong item. I didnt put a link up either. Bow is advertised as between 26.5 and 29.5. Chap has it currently set at 28.5. Thanks for the advice on buying and selling. I did think of sell on value and ease of reselling too. Does anybody have an idea of worth for what it is though? Really good condition pro comp elite fx. Am starting to lean towards buying new though. Got to be honest. Thanks again.