Thread: bow balance

In the Red
    Thanks

bow balance

I've noticed some bows have the pivot point midway betwn axles and others have the arrow rest midway

I'm assuming this affects how the bow holds on target and also that most target specific bows tend to be the former [apex, ultraelite et al] and those from primarily hunting stables, the latter [allegiance, switchback etc]

My question is how these differences manifest themselves [I'm thinking the centered pivot will mean they aim steadier [esp at longer distances]...is this true?

Thanks
    I don't think it matters too much in terms of balence, however it can have a great impact on nock travel depending on the cam design.
    The Bowtech Binary cam for example needs the nocking point as close to the centre as possible or the nock travel is angled slightly. This is far more important than bow balence which is easily fixable with intelligent stabilizer placement.
    I think it points out that not all bows can use the same stabilizer setup.
    [Beiter Nocks] [Urban Archery]

In the Red
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus26 View Post
    I don't think it matters too much in terms of balence, however it can have a great impact on nock travel depending on the cam design.
    The Bowtech Binary cam for example needs the nocking point as close to the centre as possible or the nock travel is angled slightly. This is far more important than bow balence which is easily fixable with intelligent stabilizer placement.
    I think it points out that not all bows can use the same stabilizer setup.
    should'a thought of that....thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Ditto Oneida.