Compound Limited on FITA rounds

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
I'm entering the NCAS/YAA Field Championships (despite my usual aversion to entering anything with the word "championship" in it), and am shooting in the Compound Limited category.

GNAS rule 208(d), concerning Compound Limited, says "Multipin sights are allowed, except for archers shooting for FITA awards."

This is ambiguous. Does it mean that you can't use a multipin sight on FITA rounds, or does it mean that you can use the multipin sight but can't claim FITA awards for the round shot?

rohenwto

TJ Mason said:
I'm entering the NCAS/YAA Field Championships (despite my usual aversion to entering anything with the word "championship" in it), and am shooting in the Compound Limited category.

GNAS rule 208(d), concerning Compound Limited, says "Multipin sights are allowed, except for archers shooting for FITA awards."

This is ambiguous. Does it mean that you can't use a multipin sight on FITA rounds, or does it mean that you can use the multipin sight but can't claim FITA awards for the round shot?

FITA CONSTITUTION AND RULES
BOOK 4
Field Archery Rules
states

9.3.5.3 Compound division:
Any type of sight may be used
9.3.5.3.1 provided:
? it is not electric or electronic and
? it does not include any additional means for range finding
when used on the unmarked field rounds.
? The sight point may be a fibre optic sight pin and/or a chemical
glowstick. The glowstick will be encased so as not to disturb
other archers and to provide only one sight point.
9.3.5.3.2 Multiple sight pins are not acceptable.

jerryRTD

If you are shooting under GNAS rules you can use a multi pin sight if you are shooting under FITA rules you can not. Hence no FITA awards.

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Thanks guys! So I should be OK to use a multipin at the YAA champs, since the chances of me claiming a FITA award are, er, slim.