Custom Strings and Cables

Mark L

Hi

I'm looking to replace my strings and cables on my Switchback XT with custom made cables. I've heard that Gregg who used to be at Wales Archery is now producing these.

Has anyone had any experience with his cables etc?

And does anyone have his contact details?

Also does anyone have any recommendations of other makers of good custom made cables and strings are out there.

Thanks for your help.

Mark l.

Nightimer

Gregg made me a set of strings and cables for my Martin Sceptre 2.
Very good strings etc with no stretch or serving seperation.
Peep has stayed put as I set it from day one.

Nightimer

ThePinkOne

Hi

I'm looking to replace my strings and cables on my Switchback XT with custom made cables. I've heard that Gregg who used to be at Wales Archery is now producing these.

Has anyone had any experience with his cables etc?

And does anyone have his contact details?

Also does anyone have any recommendations of other makers of good custom made cables and strings are out there.

Thanks for your help.

Mark l.

Yeah, his stuff is top-notch- I have my (PINK!) string/cables from him. You've got the website link there, his phone no is 07791 532343

I use Greg's strings so have no other experience of string makers. However, he does do an excellent job and also has an X-press which is damn handy for folks like me and you with parallel-limbed bows! (He will do all the setting up if you want). Also, he has just invested in a special jig so he can pre-load the string and get all the stretch out before it goes on the bow, I popped in for a cuppa when I was passing his place last week and from what he tells me the pre-load makes a significant difference.

P.

Nick Forster

Ironman
We have a string maker on the forum

Try Stu369
he has setup a bussiness making strings his prices are very competitive and I hav bought several strings of him now, the quality is very good.:cheerful:

http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]

My group have improved considerably since using Stu's strings and I have recently been hitting PB's . Stu is a very competent compound archer and works with compound bows to get the best from the equipment .:cheerful:
Give him a try you wont be wasting your time or money
Hope this helps
Nick

Mark L

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice , I've just spoken to Greg and am going to drop the bow off to him on Friday for new cables etc.

I've added the other 2 websites to my favorites and may try them latter.

But once again thanks for all your help.

:cheerful:

Mark l

10x

I got a new set of string and cables from Greg last month. It's the first set that I've gotten from him; as I usually get my strings from Loops Custom Strings in Canada. Greg's strings are first class with no stretch or peep twist. His price is good and includes installation and set up. Definitely worth a try.

Bulldog

Hi there,

My Girlfriend Naomi Folkard use's gregs strings, She would now use no other.

She has used gregs strings to Win, 2nd at european Champs, 3rd world Field and 4 at world indoors also she has shot 10 british records all using gregs strings in the last year. Also they where PINK.

I really would recamend 100% Gregs Strings and service.

Jon

F

flamingbladerider

Wind yer neck in. It was meant in jovial way. Dont like ? Leave the forum

Schme1440

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
An example of the work by Matt Webb From Linecutter archery. A superb quality string.

Its BCY 8125 in a luminos yellow with black strands. Took about 20mins to find the right BH now shoots better than my old Fast flight plus string. Now if only I could shoot better than my old string I would be onto a winner.

Big Bird

Ironman
Both myself and Fieldarcher 606 uses Gregs Strings! I would definately recommend they shoot good, look fab and the service is excellent!!:fita:

ThePinkOne

She has used gregs strings to Win, 2nd at european Champs, 3rd world Field and 4 at world indoors also she has shot 10 british records all using gregs strings in the last year. Also they where PINK.
Of course, all the best archers KNOW that PINK STRINGS SHOOT BETTER!!!!!!! I'd say your post is proof for sure if proof was needed.......

Oops, gonna need my hard hat when folks start taking me seriously:duck:

Bit of a bummer for the guys of course, pink just doesn't look matcho on one of those flame-finished Hoyt risers......:D

Greg is also pretty unfazable, I just got a genesis pro to use to try some stuff out on and he didn't pause for too long when I asked him about doing a set of PINK strings for my Genesis! Although he did admit he hasn't done them for one of those yet...:cheerful:

P.