do stiff arrows still go left w compound?

kato

does this still happen w compound?

got my 430 navs and reduced draw length a tich while lowering letoff

arrows group way left [blue at 100 yds]...had my alignment checked and elbow/arrow is bang on and shoulders are aligned to right of target etc

sight is something like half a cm off centreshot to get gold

could it be spine ?

is it legit to shoot w sight so off centre or is more lbs the way to go?

Kae

The American
American Shoot
I don't know for certain, but if you wanted to rule it out, just increase the poundage for a dozen, and see if that makes a difference (if there is room for increase that is).

Cheers, Kae.

kato

geoffretired said:
thanks for that

and they're right of course...

7a.m. shooting this morning and discovered this fool [who knows better] has been tensing his bow arm! so busy admiring alignment that I overlooked the fact that bow arm had gone beyond 'straight' to 'locked' with consequent results...been shooting v tired lately and obviously overcompensating...not very bright but demon work ethic!

I think the real archer's paradox is that despite knowing better, we keep hoping the problem lies with the kit rather than something we're doing/not doing...

Merlin Archery

Ironman
kato said:
is it legit to shoot w sight so off centre or is more lbs the way to go?
Most times on a right handed compound the sight will be slightly left of the arrow. This is not that the arrow is shooting left, but the position of the scope at full draw is different. Due to the cable gaurd slightly twisting the bow off line, the scope moves to the right. You have to then move your scope left in order to shoot straight. At full draw the scope will be in line with the arrow, but at brace it looks like it is to the left. Hope that helps.

kato

Merlin Archery said:
Most times on a right handed compound the sight will be slightly left of the arrow. This is not that the arrow is shooting left, but the position of the scope at full draw is different. Due to the cable gaurd slightly twisting the bow off line, the scope moves to the right. You have to then move your scope left in order to shoot straight. At full draw the scope will be in line with the arrow, but at brace it looks like it is to the left. Hope that helps.
yes it does...

even after my 'correction' it is still sitting 2.5 to 3mm to the left...consistant with your assessment

I won't need to stress over this any more then....

thanks

T

timujin

A really stiff arrow in a compound is not a bad thing and shouldn't affect sight windage at all.

My own view always has been and still is that with a compound, using a relaease aid, the stiffer the arrow the better - commensurate with arrow weight and diameter of course.

I prefer very stiff, thin, heavy shafts.

Why would you WANT an arrow to bend on a compound? There is no paradox involved, no displacement of the string on release if you are using a release aid and all flexing does is absorb energy, thereby reducing speed and increasing drag. Where is the benefit in that? :scratchch