Dots and circles for a scope

Panserborn

Hi all

I just bought a new Beiter scope, nice and clear but my old scope had a circle which was great for aiming as it framed the gold at 18m perfectly. However, all I had for the Beiter (K-lens) was the plastic dots. Used this at a comp at the weekend and found that I was really overaiming so I would prefer to get a circle.

I used one of the plastic clip in circles in training but it just blocked out a load of the gold because of the crossbeam bit. Does anyone have recommendations for a good set of sticker/decal circles that are easy to align and install?

Thanks!

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Have I looked at the right thing in the catalogue? The K lens has a small hole into which you can press a variety of dots, yes?
My catalogue also shows a set of rings to fit the K lens, but it looks to me as if the small central ring would surround the hole, and the other, wider ring is held in place by a central cross bar, like a two spoke steering wheel. I doubt that would give you the same effect as looking through a ring that surrounds the gold with no other parts to it.If there is a hole in the centre of your lens, it would be difficult , for me, to ignore it when aiming, even with a ring decal fitted.

Anna K

Ironman
For the Beiter scope you can buy sets of empty circles that clip to a shelf above the bubble. They are very very good. Can buy different size circles plus different shapes/colours. Also can change bubble colour.

Panserborn

Have I looked at the right thing in the catalogue? The K lens has a small hole into which you can press a variety of dots, yes?
Yup, thats the one. The problem is the crossbeam, I find it clogs up everything. I got the K lens as I had a small dot on my old scope as well as the ring.

I like the clip in rings that insert above the bubble, might give them a go!

Thanks all.

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
...but you can cut the crossbeam out :duh: ;)

you'll be left with just the ring but that's no problem at all it'll still screw in and out like before. I just had my new scope doctored at the weekend and my old doctored one is still going strong after at least 5 years so no worries. I think I just used some sharp scissors and a file :veryhappy

archer_thom

I have found the stickers suggested above to be much better than the Beiter clip-in bits, which are frankly a pain. THat's also the best set of stickers on the market.

moley101

Ironman
I find the clip is bits dead easy to use, its useful to be able to change them between distances and not have to worry about smearing the lens or sticking things on when wet. Not sure how they work with the K-lens though.

Yup, thats the one. The problem is the crossbeam, I find it clogs up everything. I got the K lens as I had a small dot on my old scope as well as the ring.

I like the clip in rings that insert above the bubble, might give them a go!

Thanks all.
The shelf and insert system only fits the 29mm Beiter scope. If you have the 39mm scope, the only way you'll do it is to get a stick on ring set. Specialty Archery make a circle and dot kit that comes with 2 sets of 6 different sized rings in 3 colours (black, yellow and orange). The only problem I found with doing this on the K-lens is that the 1.5mm hole, although discreet, can catch the eye.