Thread: Going over to the dark side

Thanks

Talking Going over to the dark side

Hi all been playing around with a cheap compound for a couple of months and decided this is the way to go. So what do people reckon is the best compound to go for also best sight and arrows. Budget is 1000 so lets here some opions.

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award. pwiles1968's Avatar
    Thanks
    I am just about to purchase a Bowtech Tribute, they are basically an Allegiance with slightly different Limb angles and higher brace height, a shop are getting a few in shortly at a very good price with your budget you should be able to get quite a nice setup with that as a base. Merlin are currently giving 125 worth of accessories if you buy an 'X' range bow they are close enough to you to go across and have a try.

WRT Arrows I have recently purchased some Easton FMJ's that had to be ordered as they are not standard stock but for the money I think you will be hard pushed to beat them on value.

Don't forget if you do not already have one a decent release aid will set you back IRO 100 of your budget, try as many as you can as they are a personal thing choose one that feels comfortable.

Get out any try a few different bows if you are lucky this time of year you will get a good bow a little discounted and some very decent equipment to go with it. Don't forget to barter if you are getting a complete outfit you should get some discount or a few bits thrown in.
    Paul - Experience > Something you gain when things do not go as you expected.

rgsphoto
    Quote Originally Posted by errol flynn View Post
    Hi all been playing around with a cheap compound for a couple of months and decided this is the way to go. So what do people reckon is the best compound to go for also best sight and arrows. Budget is 1000 so lets here some opions.
    Let the flood gates open. No such thing as a best bow. Just a bow that is best for you. All sorts of things to influence that.

Sight wise I prefer the Coper John ANTS, toxonics are popular too, as are Sure-lock.

Arrows, ali indoors, X7's or xx75/78's fat as pos' 2315's
    Outdoors, Easton navigator or cartel tripples seem to be very competitive.

Don't forget the release aid, probably the most important part of compound. get one that works for you and your halfway there. Cheap ones are a kiss of death, due to too much triger travel.

Also, get your draw length sorted, most important you get that right too. A good reason to buy a bow that has an easily adjustable draw length.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Some of the choices are going to depend on the shape of you face the draw lenght. These factors will affect you choice of axle to axle lenght. The Bowtech Constitution has a longer axle to axle lenght and is worth looking at because it is very smooth. and the string angle will be more accomodating.
    DO NOT buy a draw lenght specific bow get one that can change let off and draw lenght with modules and make sure that the modules can be changed with out pressing the bow.
    I use FMJ arrows as well but 400's they are cheaper thinner and heavier than ACC's.

Thanks
    Thanx for the info guys nice to get a few opions from real people and not just salesmen.

Thanks
    go for a hoyt trykon or turbotec or matthews (if you prefer solocam) switchback xt or prestige sur-loc supereme sight and if anything left a Viper 1 5/8 inch Scope a/c/e or a/c/c dont get them as thick as possible!!! lot to take in huh

from
    kris
    cause im happy im fat, rich and dead sexy
    fat bas!^rd