Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed with arrow rest!!

Thanks

Help needed with arrow rest!!

Hey Guys

I have Just bought a new Archery Quicktune 1000 PRO arrow rest and i am having problems setting it up.It has micro adjustment etc i just dont know where to start.

My previous rest was a Spigarelli but the tongue was not big enough to accomodate my arrows and i couldnt get a replacement,so went for the quicktune.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
    Hi Jez
    Are you sure the quicktune 1000 you have is micro adjust? My 3000 Hoyt fit is and I have it set up with a medium spring "lizard"tongue, supplied by Q.T. in a bubble wrap of 3. Talking to Braden Gallentien(I think that's how you spell it!) at the junior worlds, he has the same set up. You need to set your rest to "hard" and let the tongue do the work. you can get spare scoops for your spig at C.B.A.

Thanks
    Thanks BA...The shop dont have any spare tongues and their supplier is out of stock as well...and yes the quicktune is micro adjustable
    Last edited by Dave; 07-01-10 at 05:00 PM.

Thanks
    It might help if you tell us what the problems are...? :icon_smil
    If it's really basic stuff, like "where does it go?" that's different from "how do I do this with this rest?".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rik
    It might help if you tell us what the problems are...? :icon_smil
    If it's really basic stuff, like "where does it go?" that's different from "how do I do this with this rest?".
    Hey rik

The problem is how to set it up... period.When i bought the bow from the shop the rest was perfect it was a sponsored archers bow and didnt need any setting up...so i dont know where to start...obviously i have fitted the rest but thats it...what steps do i take now??

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Dave; 07-01-10 at 05:01 PM.

Thanks
    Shooting with a release aid you set the rest up dead on centre-shot (not in line with the centre of the limbs), and level (if you shoot a d-loop). Set it by eye initially, then use whatever tests you're comfortable with to determine whether you got it right. If it's a springy rest, adjust the tension to the point where the rest *just* supports the shaft, then add a little more strength to it (too little and the rest can sag unpredictably as you draw leading to high/low shots). I can't comment on drop-away rests...
    That's pretty much it for the basic setup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast