CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Discuss Hinge release with safety at the Compound Bow within Archery Interchange Forums; Truball sweet spot ultra 3, excellent release with safety. You can draw to your anchor ...
    In the White
    Thanks
    Truball sweet spot ultra 3, excellent release with safety. You can draw to your anchor with all fingers, without fear of accidentally releasing. Reaching your anchor, release safety with your thumb and pull...

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    The Carter Honey 2 has a safety (either press or Evolution style). There is one I had which could be swapped between hinge and thumb trigger but I can't for the life of my remember what it was called.

On the subject of variability in resistance activated releases, I've always been less than convinced by this argument. Every time I've tested mine on a scale, it's been consistent in its trigger point. It's more likely, in my opinion, that my form was inconsistent so different muscle groups were in play and I wasn't applying the correct pressure.

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    This increases the friction on the half moon and increases the rotation needed to activate the release and becomes too inconsistent.
    Hi Kid Curry.
    I don't understand why it should require further rotation. Is it something to do with the increase in force causing a bigger overlap at the seer?

Thanks
    My first and only release is the Carter ONLY (no pun intended!), this uses a thumb peg to keep the release "safe". If anything it taught me how to maintain my draw hand without twisting the release during the draw

In the White
    Thanks
    Thanks HH. Yes I think you are right. The variance does come from the point up until the safety is released not being the same. Be that anchor point, hand angle or how hard you are pulling into the wall

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I think the resistance activated releases are a great idea, you have to keep pulling or nothing happens.I see them as an equivalent to a recurve clicker. They require the archer to keep pulling, too.
    The two tools can have similar effects on their respective operators; they think they are pulling even when the tool tells them otherwise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12