Hoyt Powertec with XT1000 (Your Thoughts)

3rdof5

Anyone use the Hoyt Powertec with XT1000 limbs if so how do you rate it,
or with other limb combinations as i`m looking to replace one of my bows,
and not to sure what to go for yet.
Looking to spend about ?250 to ?550 :jaw-dropp depends on what takes my eye really

3rdof5

No that budget is just for the bow i have a seprate budget for accesories:yuck: Not realy looking for second hand through the internet been there, done that, won`t be doing it again. if i can`t have play before i buy, then i don`t buy

pwiles1968

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Dont Blame You, I bought Mine From the Shop itself, If you are ever in the area it is worth a look, They are about a 75 mile drive from Manchester.

WRT The PowerTec, It has Quite a Short Bracing Height and Length, I do not think it will be that forgiving to shoot, if you have a short draw (like me ;) )you may be ok, But I am no expert.

Last edited:

davebat21

same sort of subject, can I assume that the xt1000's can simply be replaced with xt2000's on a 38 ultra for example, turning it into a pro?

Exarcher

same sort of subject, can I assume that the xt1000's can simply be replaced with xt2000's on a 38 ultra for example, turning it into a pro?
But to get the correct weight and draw length, you will have to get new limbs, different size cams and new strings and cables.... which will probably cost as much as new bow !

davebat21

Many thanks, that answers the question, I'll call that a no! Just goes to show that you can never assume anything in archery. That'll be be why my groups are bad....I assumed someone had put the target in the right place for me!

T101

Anyone use the Hoyt Powertec with XT1000 limbs if so how doyou rate it,
or with other limb combinations as i`m looking to replace one of my bows,
and not to sure what to go for yet.
Looking to spend about ?250 to ?550 :jaw-dropp depends on what takes my eye really

conquest apex and alphamax 35 in that price range at aardvark. worth the trip to leeds. both infinateley better than powertec.

jimlee

conquest apex and alphamax 35 in that price range at aardvark. worth the trip to leeds. both infinateley better than powertec.
You're a bit late with the info on the Powertec, davebat21 is playing zombie master and has resurrected a 5 year old thread.

Cheers, Jim.