Hoyt Trykon-XL or Bowtech Old Glory?

iscap_boy

A friend of mine is in doubt between these two bows: Trykon-XL or Old Glory.
Which are the advantages and disadvantages of both? Which one would you choose? The bow is for FITA shooting.

wim

yesterday i pulled an trykon 65% lett off open !
i can tell you i dont want to shoot any fita with it !!
its a good bow but not for target shooting !!!!

R

rgsphoto

Hmmm

The Trykon is a nice looking bow, as is the Bowtech. Both seem to come from a hunting stable. I suspect the Trykon has been introduced as a target bow to appeal to the potential Bowtech buyers who currently like Hoyts. Neither of the two bows are dedicated target bows, and in my opinion will not be as good for fita style shooting. Ok I know if you give any bow to a good archer and they will shoot good scores with it. I doubt this can be said for Mr Average. Hoyt has lost the advantage of variable draw length adjustment with the Trykon, why they have done this beats me. Probably to use a faster cam. I would go with the last comments, buy an Ultratec or Proelite. Buy a tarted up hunting bow if you need the sex appeal thing.:duck: (I nearly baught a Bowtech)

R

rgsphoto

wim said:
or buy an apex 7 from mathews !!:fita:
Again, a dedicated target bow. I found it a bit heavy. Never shot one though. I hear they are very good. I would like to try one, but being left handed, not easy.

jerryRTD

Constitution

If I was not shooting Oneidas I would be looking very carefully at the Bowtech Constitution.

greydog

If the choice is a trykon or a bowtech, I'd have to say the bowtech. The binary cams feel so much better than the zephyr's IMO. The trykon is a nice looking bow though.

Swaledale

Jerry
Just a quick question, I fancy trying a black eagle with release aid but I get the fealing that the bow is geared up for finger shooters, is that a fair assumption.
I shoot field U/L with an Ultratec XT3000

R

rgsphoto

Swaledale said:
Jerry
Just a quick question, I fancy trying a black eagle with release aid but I get the fealing that the bow is geared up for finger shooters, is that a fair assumption.
I shoot field U/L with an Ultratec XT3000
You can shoot any compound bow with a release aid :thumbsup: Give it a go and let us know how you get on.

jerryRTD

You can shoot the Black Eagle with a release no problem. There are aspects of the design that make the BE a finger bow but these do not compromise it's performance with a release aid. I think Geoffretired has one for sale in the classifieds.