Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Discuss Hoyt vs Mathews draw lengths at the Compound Bow within Archery Interchange UK Forums; Does anyone have an opinion on this. I'm not sure if a general rule but ...
    In the White
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks

Hoyt vs Mathews draw lengths

Does anyone have an opinion on this. I'm not sure if a general rule but pretty sure Mathews have a slightly longer draw measurement than hoyt?

Where exactly does each company measure it from on the bow? I've heard an 1.5 inches forward from back of grip or something.

Reason is i used to shoot a mathews icon, then bought a hoyt. Both had 28' draws but the Hoyt definitely shorter and needed to tweek it by quite a bit, others who drew the bow also said wasnt 28. I'm going back to Mathews now with an Apex but decided to order a 28 just in case the phenomena is true. Guy had a 28 i drew and seemed fine. Can always lengthen, but wondered if anyone has had this?

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

GuardianAngel
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanKD View Post
    Does anyone have an opinion on this. I'm not sure if a general rule but pretty sure Mathews have a slightly longer draw measurement than hoyt?

Where exactly does each company measure it from on the bow? I've heard an 1.5 inches forward from back of grip or something.

Reason is i used to shoot a mathews icon, then bought a hoyt. Both had 28' draws but the Hoyt definitely shorter and needed to tweek it by quite a bit, others who drew the bow also said wasnt 28. I'm going back to Mathews now with an Apex but decided to order a 28 just in case the phenomena is true. Guy had a 28 i drew and seemed fine. Can always lengthen, but wondered if anyone has had this?
    My Drenalin has a 27" cam, and when setup to spec (i.e. ATA, BH etc) the AMO draw length (nock point to throat of grip hole plus 1.75") comes out at ~28".

I know of other archers that have shot Mathews and have found that they come out longer than the cam states.

In the Red The Fonz Award. bassplayer34's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    When I had my A7 the cam was a 27", when i went to buy a new bow I bought a Hoyt Maxxis 35, setup feeling the same draw length, the hoyt came in @ 28".

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    My A7 has 28.5" cams on, with correct ATA, comes out perfect at 29.75".

Tho my dad's C4 comes out correct. I heard it was just a few lines that were odd, but that's just a general thing I heard.

The Hoyt's measurement seems to be correct.

In the White
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Perhaps its just on thhe odd bow here and there were it varies. Maybe cable twists and all that. Hoyt was definitely shorter, chap as quicks said was too, they measured it with their rod as well. But that was after loads of twists were added to the cables to lengthen.

It's an X
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Sometimes the strings and cables fitted to compounds are not the sizes stated on the limb, so the draw length doesn't match expectations.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast