Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: which long rod ??

In the Red
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

which long rod ??

Hi guys n gals, simple question what sort of long rod / stabaliser do you use on your beloved compound, its time for me to get a new one and I want to get a good un, so your opinion's please folks

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Indoors you can'r beat Beiter rods. Have a play with different lengths if you can, and pick what feels best.

Outdoors I find that the Beiter rods catch too much wind, so I use solid carbon rods (with a 3 or 4 inch extender and end weights) instead - Arten or Cartel, both are good.

Adam

In the Red
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Adam]Indoors you can'r beat Beiter rods. Have a play with different lengths if you can, and pick what feels best.

Outdoors I find that the Beiter rods catch too much wind, so I use solid carbon rods (with a 3 or 4 inch extender and end weights) instead - Arten or Cartel, both are good.

Thanks Adam

rgsphoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Indoors you can'r beat Beiter rods. Have a play with different lengths if you can, and pick what feels best.

Adam
    Hi Zander,

Can't fault this advice. I used a Beiter rod outdoor and indoors too. I did experiment with a thinner carbon rod outside too but found the steadiness of the shot offered by a long 41" Beiter rod with 1 end weight better. The wind probably is an issue, but Adam is much better than me anyway and can probable feel the difference.

Long rods are very user specific, what works/feels good to one may not be the case to another. Experiment and borrow as many as you can to get a feel for them. Almost any rod will work well, I find it's how the weight is distributed at the end makes all the difference.

Thanks
    I've just invested in a 'Better One' longrod - very light in comparison to the Beiter which I'm in favour of. Having said that I may well end up putting an end weight on it - still experimenting.

Check them out at OK Archery - http://www.ok-archery.de/stabidetails.htm

I got mine from Clickers - they sent one on approval. Same price as a Beiter.

Thanks
    The Doinker D2 long rods are worth a look too. They are pricey, but the isolation chamber at the base does a good job of stopping vibration feeding back from the long rod into the riser, you also get the weights with it.

The Better One light longrod looks interesting though

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast