Compound Bow Mybo Edge

gligo01

I am very interested in Mybo Edge compound bow. Hardly to find any information on their site, about release date, price and what is different between Origin and Edge. Any informations would be very appreciated.

Ozzy

I'm shooting a Mybo Origin, which I love, so also interested.
Prototypes of the new Edge are currently in the hands of some Mybo sponsored archers, but I am informed a few small tweaks are to be finalised before the release.
The feedback is ultra positive, so well worth the short further wait for this beauty. :poulies:

The obvious differences are -
Grip.
More forward facing limb pockets.
Longer ATA (39")
More lower rear stabiliser mounts.
Smaller cam.

gligo01

Thank you Ozzy, if you shoot Origin, could you please share some impressions? I am not fan from great advertising companies, thinking, there are some other smaller too with some equally if not better creations. My draw length is 30", due shoulder sore I need some not aggressive, smooth drawing bow. Another bows, which would be interesting are winwin Atomx and Xpedition Perfexion. Any thoughts on these?

Poslano z mojega SM-N910C z uporabo Tapatalk

The Meggy

Last time I was at Merlin, with some friends, I asked if I could have a look at one, and was able to handle and draw a blue-finished prototype. Ben Jones told us he still had a bit of work to do on the cams - if I remember right, the prototype had a movable piece to alter draw length, and they will be going to modules for the final version. But I can tell you the bow seen in the flesh is a really stonking piece of work - the detail and design on the riser is most impressive, not to mention the limbs and limb pockets. The prototype felt very nice to draw, stable once drawn, and with a very solid wall. A lot of thought and time has clearly gone into this thing.

There is something on the Mybo Facebook page, in answer to a question, where they say that compared to the Mybo Origin, the Edge has a different feel, with more vertical limbs, smaller cams, different riser geometry and balance. My friend who was strongly considering a Hoyt Prevail said he will now wait until the Edge is released before making a decision - he was unconvinced by the non-shoot through riser at first, but after talking to both Chris and Ben Jones, and actually seeing the prototype, was somewhat swayed towards the Mybo.

Ozzy

Thank you Ozzy, if you shoot Origin, could you please share some impressions? I am not fan from great advertising companies, thinking, there are some other smaller too with some equally if not better creations. My draw length is 30", due shoulder sore I need some not aggressive, smooth drawing bow. Another bows, which would be interesting are winwin Atomx and Xpedition Perfexion. Any thoughts on these?

Poslano z mojega SM-N910C z uporabo Tapatalk
I am a 29" & have owned many bows over the years of varying ATA lengths. The 35" Origin feels perfect for me & has a gentle smooth draw cycle. :poulies:
Remember other factors like limb location & cams have an influence on string angle at full draw. The Origin has an identical string angle to a 37" Hoyt.
My immediately previous bow was a W&W Dragonfly, which is almost identical to the now improved Atom X. A nice bow to shoot, although noisy, & had limb & cable slide breakages.
The Xpedition Perfection is a nice enough bow, but for me, wouldn't compare to an Origin ;-) & I think different modules are a required purchase fit to alter draw length ? If so, no way !

Adam

The Edge has geometry very similar to the Matthews C4/Apex 7 - in terms of limb angle, riser reflex, axle length, brace height - and apparently feels similar to shoot: which should be no surprise given that Duncan Busby had a significant hand in designing the Edge.

Hidden Hippo

Looks like they're putting in a similar cage to some of the Elite bows - I guess this adds to riser stiffness without adding the weight of a shoot through? Would be interesting if that makes its way to a shorter ATA bow.

Ozzy

Looks like they're putting in a similar cage to some of the Elite bows - I guess this adds to riser stiffness without adding the weight of a shoot through? Would be interesting if that makes its way to a shorter ATA bow.
All this "riser stiffness" jargon that the big bow manufacturers keep claiming & outdoing each other with in their marketing , intrigues me.
Ever heard of a bow losing accuracy due to a machined riser not being stiff enough ?
Mybo's Origin covers them for a bow in the slightly shorter ATA category. Unless of course you are referring to an ultra short hunting bow ?
Originally, the Edge was to be launched in 36" & 39" options. Guess we'll have to wait & see now, eh ?

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
Well after reading up on the Origin here, I'm hoping this new Edge might ease prices.
Or maybe some will move on theirs (RH, 28" draw, 50-60lbs).... 😉

Ozzy

My friends ordered one after seeing prototype. ?1200 quid I haven't got!
He has an Origin which balances beautifully, no V or side bar.
1200 quid ? That takes it up over the $2000 AUS mark & up with most of the big American brands target models.
Is that price confirmed for the Edge ?

Ozzy

Well, the Edge was due for release in April, so will be interesting to see some unbiased reviews.
If that price is genuine, it will now be an interesting comparison to the lovely new Bowtech Fanatic 3.0 , Hoyt Prevail, Prime STX etc etc etc.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Well, the Edge was due for release in April, so will be interesting to see some unbiased reviews.
If that price is genuine, it will now be an interesting comparison to the lovely new Bowtech Fanatic 3.0 , Hoyt Prevail, Prime STX etc etc etc.
If that price is genuine that's almost a 50% increase from the Origin. I would expect to see significant changes between the two for that increase or it will be hard to justify. My gut feeling is that the Origin will get tweaked and the price will increase by ?100, if the Edge pricing is correct. From my experience of the Origin I would say it is under priced.

Beardy

The American
American Shoot
Well, if ?1200 is going to be the price, that's me out. The thing that drew me to Mybo was the sensible pricing, but I'm not joining the club at that price.
Hey ho.

gligo01

Are 1200 BP confirmed? Isn't that a region of Hoyt Prevail, Bowtech Fanatic 3? Edge schould be really something special to come in question. Why release take so long?