Navigators

Which nocks do you use on Navs?

• Total voters

CPlater1

next outdoor season I have decided to get some Navigators. I have already decided on 120 gr points and bohning X-vanes. The thing I am wondering about is nocks. What do other people use? Easton pin nocks, or beiter nocks, and what are the advantages of one over the other. I shoot using a d loop, and I want to protect my arrows when i get them. I will be getting 430 Navs.

Hope im not asking too much.

Chris

Last edited:

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
Some of the top archers reckon that the pin nocks help destroy more arrows.

I shoot large groove G-nocks out of my compound. I tried a mix of Beiters, including Hunter nocks (those don't have the angled groove) and G nocks and couldn't find any difference in performance between them.

When I shot recurve (small groove G-nocks) I would occasionally smash one up and never got a damaged arrow.

I learnt at the weekend though that comparing large Grove G-nocks and Beiter, Beiters have a slightly shorter "wings". Its marginal but when you are seeking those extra points at the top, getting clear of the string that nano second sooner can make the difference. :highfive:

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Beiter because of their greater consistency. And they come in a nice shade of blue. The insert nocks aren't tight in my Navs, though, so I have to use Pritt to keep them in place.

P

pyroarch57

Pin nocks will be your best bet, but if they get hit they WILL bend and even the smallest amount will send your arrow off course.

R

rgsphoto

What about good old, faithful, cheap, dependable, reliable "G" nocks???
I love G-nocks too. Nothing will protect a compound arrow if its hit square on anyway. Arrows IMHO are a disposable item, if they get damaged, which is not that often, buy some more :cheerful:

R

rgsphoto

There is a problem with G-nocks on some of the heavier spined Navigators, the back of the arrow is a little bigger than the G-nock, over time this can encourage little cracks to appear in the shaft. this is the case on the 430 spines, but they fit fine on the 610 etc. So for a compound navigator, perhaps Pin or beiter nocks would be a better option.

Marcus26

Gnocks won't fit into a 430 Nav.

Beiter in-out nocks 2.95XH are the ones to get (I have them in stock in blue, orange and white).
Freaking awesome nocks. I seriously love my Navs with Beiters. Have now shot 90m and Field PB's with them.
The Nav pins are too soft and pin nocks are expensive and brittle.
I have blasted about 6 nocks to pieces and have not lost a shaft yet. It will happen one day, but as said by rg, they are disposable.

90m

Marcus26

OK let me rephrase, you shouldn't put them in cause they are too large for the Gnocks giving you unoptimal fit. This is the case for 540's, 480's and 430's. If you look at the Easton catalog it says this.

Added to our site now

R

rgsphoto

OK let me rephrase, you shouldn't put them in cause they are too large for the Gnocks giving you unoptimal fit. This is the case for 540's, 480's and 430's. If you look at the Easton catalog it says this.

Added to our site now
Cheers Marcus..I did wonder. :cheerful:

wingate_52

I have not noticed any difference in performance between Beiters and Gnocks. But I have broken more Beiters.

Marcus26

Straight up I didn't notice any difference between the Beiters and Pins, then after a little while I realised that my scores had gone up by quite an amount. I also noticed that I was getting less flyers etc.
My wife Erika found the same.
I have a mate who changed to them and jumped 10 points in a FITA, almost nailed his 1400.

Wouldn't touch anything else.

R

rgsphoto

Straight up I didn't notice any difference between the Beiters and Pins, then after a little while I realised that my scores had gone up by quite an amount. I also noticed that I was getting less flyers etc.
My wife Erika found the same.
I have a mate who changed to them and jumped 10 points in a FITA, almost nailed his 1400.

Wouldn't touch anything else.
What do you use on your indoor arrows that is the same profile, ie fits the same nock point?