Thread: Need Help With New Sight Markings Please

In the White
    Thanks

Need Help With New Sight Markings Please

Hi Everyone.

I have just bought A New Cobra 5 Pin Sight to go on my new Hoyt Selena Compound Bow.

Am I right that I just need to find the correct vertical and horizontal markings for say 20yds and then just use the different pins for different target distances.

Any advice would be very much appreciated, as I'm struggling with it at the moment, dont know if I'm doing things right.
    Cheers.
    Tony.

Thanks
    Hi Bose, yes you are pretty much correct. You have a pin sight which is traditionally used for hunting as you can have, in this case, 5 sight marks already set up, so you don't need to adjust to make a quick shot.

Pick the 5 distances you shoot regularly and assign a pin to them. Starting at 20 yards, then at each longer distance the pin will be a little lower.

Hope that helps

In the White
    Thanks

Cheers Greydog

Cheers Greydog.

The problem I'm having mainly is, due to the fact I'm in A Wheelie and so therefore, I find myself running out of pins as I'm using the third pin @ 30yds already, just to get near the Gold, but I can ajust the site for Horizontal and Vertical run.
    Cheers.
    Tony.

Thanks
    BOSE, you will find that the pins can be adjusted independantly, so you can set them up anywhere inside the frame, they will probably be evenly spaced at the moment as thats how they are packaged. Have you adjusted the whole frame to set a pin ? sorry if I've miss read

Once you have set your closest sight mark, adjust the frame so that pin is close to the top and that will give you the most room for the other pins, allowing you to set them up for longer distances.

It depends how many sight marks you are after and what sort of rounds you'd like to shoot, you may find it difficult to have a 20yrd pin and a 100yrd pin if the frame doesn't allow the pins to go that far apart. This is one of the draw backs of pin sights, they're really designed for about 60yrds max.