Compound Bow new archer need advice for compound bow

Hi everyone, sorry about my english is very basic.
I start to shot a couple of months ago with a compound bow and of course Im planning to buy my one.
I want do target archery and start my browsing for the different websites for a bow in the range of ? 400, I found the hoyt powermax, it is suitable for target archery? any other bow that you can recomend? thanks!

AndyW

As you're just starting out then I wouldn't worry about the specifics of which model, maker etc. as long as it's a recognised maker and the reviews check out. The compound bow choice website is a good starting place for reviews. Just get something with a fairly long ATA and a lot of adjustability wrt draw length (you don't want to be paying for new cams as you develop). My personal preference for starting out would be a solocam as they tend to have a nice draw cycle and less tuning issues. For ?400 I would be looking for a good second hand bow rather than a mediocre new one but having said that some of the excellent PSE models won't be far away on price. Check out the sale sections of a few websites as the new models have just started rolling out so you may get a bargain.
P.S. for second hand stuff, unless you're feeling brave stick with the second hand section of reputable shops rather than certain auction sites as these guys will have checked any bows over prior and you will be able to go and look/try.