Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Hoyt user

In the Green
    Thanks

Newbie Hoyt user

Hi guys, im new to the forum so go gentle with me, i hope i'm not asking a stupid question, but if it is, oh well stupid me .
    here goes, I have just joined the ranks of archers with a Hoyt compound ZR100, the bow was the fith one i tried after spending around 2 hours of fit,draw length, axle this and riser that, with the owner and R.S.O. , long story short, i had a blast and hope to keep the sport up, hunting is something that may come along with time and experience, at the moment target is the way.

now to the question :- how in the hell do you build up enough muscle strength in your back to continue shooting without fatigue, honestly my back is killing me and my shoulder feels like its going to come apart, is there an exercise that will help me overcome the embarrisment of old age and stand me alongside those yutes that shoot all day, i would apreciate any help you guys can give me.

Thanks, Mitch

Prince Of Dorkness I've taken part in an AIUK American Shoot.I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award. Tarkwin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    IT will come with time, the required muscles will get used to the work and will develop as you progress...

Quicks (http://www.quicks.com) sell books specifically covering exercise programs/development...they also sell exercise equipment that should help you develop...

this link *may* work..

http://www.quicksarchery.co.uk/super...p?category=240

T.
    We've got lumps of it round the back.

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot. Thunk's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MITCH
    Hi guys, im new to the forum so go gentle with me, i hope i'm not asking a stupid question, but if it is, oh well stupid me .
    here goes, I have just joined the ranks of archers with a Hoyt compound ZR100, the bow was the fith one i tried after spending around 2 hours of fit,draw length, axle this and riser that, with the owner and R.S.O. , long story short, i had a blast and hope to keep the sport up, hunting is something that may come along with time and experience, at the moment target is the way.

Thanks, Mitch
    Mitch, I assume you are a UK resident. You should be aware that hunting with a bow is illegal in this country. The only legal targets are straw bosses with roundels for target, animal pictures in field archery and model animals in what the americans call 3D. Shooting anything living is a no-no.
    I'm a dyslexic, insomniac, agnostic astronomer.
    I lie awake at night, stare out at the stars and wonder if there really is a Dog...

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK American Shoot.I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award. Little Miss Purple's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    welcome aboard Mitch

As T said, you will build up with practice. I am aching all over from shooting my longbow on Saturday!! I'm sure you will get much more useful advice to follow though!!
    Purple Mafia

Luck is what you have left over after you give 100%

In the Gold The Fonz Award. Radar_UK's Avatar
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Forum

I've found that over time your muscles soon develop, I ached like hell at first !

There are several exercise 'bands' I've seen for sale but never bought one so can't comment on whether they are any good but I am sure there will be someone on here who has who could let us know.....

Radar_UK

The Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

Prince Of Dorkness I've taken part in an AIUK American Shoot.I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award. Tarkwin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Radar_UK
    There are several exercise 'bands' I've seen for sale but never bought one so can't comment on whether they are any good but I am sure there will be someone on here who has who could let us know.....
    I have just 'invested' in one of these items - similar to the win&win item on the quicks link above...to tide me over when in March - I will be in the states for 2 weeks and couldn't justify taking my gear with me..even if I had a place to shoot...

T.
    We've got lumps of it round the back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast