Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Discuss Peep Sight Line Up at the Compound Bow within Archery Interchange UK Forums; Hi all as i'm completely new to compound shooting i was wondering how you line ...
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks

Peep Sight Line Up

Hi all as i'm completely new to compound shooting i was wondering how you line up your peep to front sight eg: Say i had my front sight at the top of it's scale for short distance say 15yards and i line up my peep with what i think is the correct position on string about 130mm from nock take aim and shoot, the arrow hits way low. Do i move my sight down the scale to compensate or move the peep up or down to realign.When i say low i'm talking 2feet from the point aimed at.Or am i reading to much into this.
    “Practice doesn’t make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.”

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only £1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the Red
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    The peep should stay in a fixed position, that is the distance from you nocking point to your eye. If you anchor point is consistant then the peep should not need to be moved.

You only need to alter the bowsight as you would with a recurve. ie. If hitting low then move sight down.
    It's all about consistancy................unfortunatly I am consistantly bad

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Greig
    The peep should stay in a fixed position, that is the distance from you nocking point to your eye. If you anchor point is consistant then the peep should not need to be moved.

You only need to alter the bowsight as you would with a recurve. ie. If hitting low then move sight down.
    Or... the peep should not need to be moved, often. I find that the peep setup for long distances and for indoors is slightly different. It's to do with the peep/sight/reference-point relationship. But this is with aluminium shafts. I suspect that if I shot carbons out of this bow, I'd have a tighter set of sight marks and less reason to move the peep.

But yes, you certainly don't move it as a way of sighting in...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rik
    Or... the peep should not need to be moved, often. I find that the peep setup for long distances and for indoors is slightly different.
    The reason it's different indoors is actually mainly to do with the lighting. At lower light levels (i.e. indoors) the pupil dilates further and widens the angle of view, so you see more through your peep than you would see outdoors. For indoors, try pulling the sigh extension in towards the bow until your sight picture is the same as you would see outdoors.

Gerry, your peep should be immovable. A tiny shift in the height of the peep will have a huge difference in the impact point at the target, especially outdoors where the distances are greater. By trial and error find the spot where your peep sits comfortably in front of your eye when you take-up a comfortable (and easilly repeatable) anchor point. Once you've done that, tie-in the peep sight using either dental floss or serving material. Adjust your bow sight to move the impact point of the arrows to where you want them to be (i.e. in the middle of what you're aiming at).

When you aim at the target you should see a series of concentric circles: your spot/pin/rin, then the gold, then the housing of your scope, then your peep. If they don't all line up, you'll probably miss one way or the other. At the very least, you'll have trouble being consistent.

Adam

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Gerry, Once you have found your reference point, come up to full draw on the boss at say 5 yards, with your eyes closed! Open your eye that looks through the peep and the peep should be directly in line with your eye. If not, adjust it so it is, then lock it on the string. Outdoors you should get away with a micro peep, indoors a small peep and in the field if you shoot field, where light conditions can be low, a medium peep. I always find the large and hunter peeps too big but it is down to the individual

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Thanks for the advice guys most appreciated.I think the problem i have is the reference point and using various release aids as i'm still experimenting. There relationship to my setup position changes slightly so all wil change slightly.Does that make sense ?
    “Practice doesn’t make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.”

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast