Thread: Scope and Glasses

Thanks

Scope and Glasses

I have just got some shooting frames and got to wondering about what prescription I should choose.

I now have reading glasses, in addition to my distance prescription for astigmatism. I have bifocals, which I've used for shooting up to now, and mid-range reading glasses which I use for computer work.

Which should I use for shooting with a scope and peep? Distance, mid or close?

Thanks
    The best answer is: talk to your optician.
    You'll most likely need to use a distance prescription, but it may be slightly different from that used for your normal glasses. The reason for this is that shooting frames quite often place the lens at a different distance from the eye to normal glasses. If you take the frames to your optician and explain how they are to be used (maybe even take your bow, if they are willing to accomodate you), they will be able to give you a correct prescription.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rik
    glasses. If you take the frames to your optician and explain how they are to be used (maybe even take your bow, if they are willing to accomodate you), they will be able to give you a correct prescription.
    Excellent! I hadn't thought of that. Thanks

Thanks
    I use (Knobloch) shooting glasses too: Large lens on the left (my normal prescription), small shooting glass on the right (aiming eye) perpendicular to the sight line: that one is - 0.25 diopter stronger than my usual.
    You need the peep and scope to determine what strenght you need.
    I took my bow with me: aimed at number plate across the street, ignored all the stupid and scared looks, and went for the strenght that gave me the clearest picture.

For that you need an optician btw that still has the old fashioned frame with the replacable lenses.

And, please don't dry-fire...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaNL
    I use (Knobloch) shooting glasses too: Large lens on the left (my normal prescription), small shooting glass on the right (aiming eye) perpendicular to the sight line: that one is - 0.25 diopter stronger than my usual.
    You need the peep and scope to determine what strenght you need.
    I took my bow with me: aimed at number plate across the street, ignored all the stupid and scared looks, and went for the strenght that gave me the clearest picture.

For that you need an optician btw that still has the old fashioned frame with the replacable lenses.

And, please don't dry-fire...
    My idea is similar, to have a large lens with my reading prescription for the left eye, so I can see the sight scale and score card. I'll also have a 'patch' for the left eye when shooting.

I need to pick the optician with care, my usual one is in a shopping mall...

In the Red
    Thanks
    these guys will be able to help you

http://www.stewardsportsglasses.co.uk