Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
Discuss Arrow spine advice at the Border Archery within Archery Interchange Forums; I measured my draw length as throat plus 1.75" (no button on a buffalo). Arrows ...
    In the Green
    Thanks
    I measured my draw length as throat plus 1.75" (no button on a buffalo). Arrows at 31" have the end of shaft in line with the front of the rest.
    The help is very appreciated, love how these limbs feel compared to the stock Buffalo ones (smooth with my long draw).

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's tricky, not seeing you or knowing what you are looking for, but I'd look at at least one spine up (maybe 2), a bit longer in the length (maybe 3/4" as you are coming close to the rest).
    If you were shooting a full target rig I'd suggest using the other button hole, so if you have the option, put the rest as far away from you (to the back of the bow) as you can. It'll give you plenty of room for the shaft to flex on it's pass.
    Do you live anywhere near Perris? They do an in-house arrow selection service. It costs, but I believe you get that off a set of shafts when you purchase. Failing that see what you can beg or borrow from other shooters. Take a look on Ebay or sale sites for a few shafts in your range before you splurge on a dozen new ones.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

In the Green
    Thanks
    The advice is appreciated.
    I'll go up one spine from the chart and get a few screw in points and see how it goes before buying a full set. Maybe an Acc 3-60 with a 100gr point.
    No where near Perris, and the nearest shop sells arrows in sets of 8. So off to the internet shops for a single shaft.
    Timid Toad likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12