Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Discuss Arrow spine advice for HEX7.5s at the Border Archery within Archery Interchange Forums; Looking for some advice and experience with HEX7.5s and arrow spine, shooting off a rest ...
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Arrow spine advice for HEX7.5s

Looking for some advice and experience with HEX7.5s and arrow spine, shooting off a rest and plunger (preferably target, but barebow info also useful.

My draw length (following coaching) is now 31 1/2in to the back of the bow, and I hope to be shooting in the 40 to 42lb range by next spring.

I'm interested to hear advice on arrow spine from archers with a similar draw length.

Thanks
    Marcus26: A coaching qualification means that you attended a seminar. My cat can attend a seminar.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X, it is no more. AIUK subscriber. Rik's Avatar
    Thanks
    I obviously can't help with that (given the disparity in draw length), but my current observation is that, especially if you go with the Border recommended BH, it may need a lot stiffer shafts than you expect.

I was happily shooting 750s with my old limbs at 43lbs (which admittedly charts on the weak side). I may need to go to 600s with hex 7s at 38lbs... I'm still experimenting.
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    That's the result I'm hoping for...

I picked up 21 used ACE 430s recently, which with the one piece points and pin nocks will come to a shade over 31 1/in. If they're too stiff for 40-42, I won't be able to shoot them unless I step up further.
    Marcus26: A coaching qualification means that you attended a seminar. My cat can attend a seminar.

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Again with a shorter draw length (36# @29.25"), but my spines are in line with the charts. I'm shooting 660 Carbon Ones at the moment, which I selected through group testing against spines from 800 to 500 having heard the Hexes can be a bit funny. For me the 660 and 600 both grouped well but the 660 were just a little better. Bare shaft didn't give a useful reaction on any of the spines but the groups told their story.

The Hexes seem to need a range of spines depending on the archer, so my advice would be to do this kind of group testing and go with what seemed to work.
    JohnK likes this.

Thanks
    I have similar DL and poundage with Hex 6 and use ACE430s
    JohnK likes this.
    To the brave & the faithful - nothing is impossible

In the White
    Thanks
    I have 470 medallion pro's working well for me 40# and 303/4 amo draw length
    JohnK likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast