Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes
Discuss Arrow spine advice for HEX7.5s at the Border Archery within Archery Interchange Forums; I picked up some ACE 430s, which are slightly shorter than I'd like (31 5/8in ...
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I picked up some ACE 430s, which are slightly shorter than I'd like (31 5/8in overall) but with 140gr points and pin nocks seem to be a good tune.

When/if I get some X10s, I'll probably go for 410 spine, but 1/2in to 3/4in longer.
    Marcus26: A coaching qualification means that you attended a seminar. My cat can attend a seminar.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnK For This Useful Post:

oshotkosktere (21-04-17)

3. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Mahony View Post
    Bit late to the dance......but I would be curious as to what arrow ended up tuning for you John? I am also a long draw archer (32.5") and shoot XL Hex 7.5's on a 25" riser. I was able to arrive at a good state of tune with a .400 spine Easton X7, 33" arrow with a 100 gr point. My favorite for this bow is a .320 spine X7 also cut to 33" with a 175 gr point. Anyways, loving my 7.5's! tim
    I NEED TO APOLOGIZE

After reading Timid's and John's posts I had to check my arrows. It is .400 spine X-7's that have tuned for me with the 175gr points! It is .505 spine X-7's that I have tuned with 100gr points. The .320 spine arrows I have are for a different bow. All these black arrows look alike....smile.

Man, I must be getting old. Best tim

5. The Following User Says Thank You to O'Mahony For This Useful Post:

oshotkosktere (21-04-17)

In the White
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Another HEX7.5H archer

Please visit our sponsors and help keep AIUK online!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Looking for some advice and experience with HEX7.5s and arrow spine, shooting off a rest and plunger (preferably target, but barebow info also useful.

My draw length (following coaching) is now 31 1/2in to the back of the bow, and I hope to be shooting in the 40 to 42lb range by next spring.

I'm interested to hear advice on arrow spine from archers with a similar draw length.

Thanks

Hi, What have you been finding ? Have you encountered any issues , ....anything at this stage ? I have a similar draw lenght to yours.
    I am on 43/44lbs on my fingers and have gone through x10 shafts 450/410/380 and all are shooting level but nock end out to the right 20-30 degrees . checked for contact .. negative really puzzled what I am missing . If you have no usage testing feed back yet do come back to me when you do have a tune as I would be very interested to hear your results, On the other hand the Hex5H I have shoot brilliantly with out the extra speed out of the 7's .Good luck with your testing hope to hear from you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123