BD HEXV's

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Unpacked the wood core HEXV's for my Black Douglas that arrived today. On my BD Original riser gives me a 64" bow and 36# @28". They will also give me a 68" bow at roughly 32# on the Mirage riser.

First impressions:

Wow very radical looking limbs, cool looking black finish facings with lovely wood (Shedua?) at the bolt end. As you all know a serious curve on the business end. Bolted them on the riser with the black thumb bolts and strung it up. If you are into what your bow looks like then this thing looks seriously potent!

Set brace at 7 1/2" and went out back for a few shots in the courtyard. Not exaggerating but when I first pulled the limbs back I thought I have never felt a bow quite like this before. It is very, very smooth and it feels like the limbs are kind of like "unwinding". There is absolutely nothing even approaching stack at my 29" draw length.

Nocked up a woody and let her fly. Almost perfectly silent, quieter than my XP10's, no hand shock, no vibration or wobble. Considering these are 5 pounds lighter than the XP's they seem to pack a very good punch. Can't wait to get them out on the field course.

These limbs really are vastly different to anything I have ever shot and initial impression is very good :)

JohnK

The difference in feel between the HEXV and a "normal" top limb is the same as that between a top limb and a trainer bow, IMHO.

Have fun on the course Brian :D

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Shot them today on the field course. Outstanding, could not possibly be happier. Genuinely amazed at how well they were throwing my heavy woodies. Very forgiving of my sloppy technique.

I would defy anybody to shoot my BD with these limbs and tell me they don't like it-end of story :)