Black heritage osprey, what a bow

Need more bows

I popped down to Border bows yesterday looking for a flat bow and came away with a Black Heritage Osprey 66" @ 47lbs. I was promised minimal hand shock and a smooth bow but when I shot it I could not believe it. Zero hand shock and a bow so smooth it was hard to believe. Because of the stable platform my groups shrunk drastically and for the final surprise of the night I shot my last end at 40 metres and dropped 5 out of 9 arrows in the gold something I have struggled to achieve recently because bowshock with my other bow tended to spread the arrows out in a lovely horizontal line. Tuning the bow took a total of three minutes. The first set up of 6 1/2" brace height and just over 1/4" nock was perfect.
This bow is a joy to shoot but unfortunately now I have nothing to blame for bad arrows but me.
I'd also like to thank everybody at Border bows for the hospitality considering that I just turned up out of the blue. The workshop tour and the archery talk made it a very enjoyable afternoon.

:flech:

Jaeger

I'm envious. A new bow AND you live close enough to pop in to Border's shop!
Let's see some pics of your bow.

Need more bows

Piccies ,hopefully, of the bow

[/IMG]

As you can see its all black with bamboo limbs and very slim tips. I've been shooting it indoors to get my new sight lines but it is going out to play tomorrow. I am looking forward to that, especially with the good weather we are getting just now:archer2:

Jaeger

Very nice!! I love the lines and those tips look fantastic. Do you have an unstrung profile?
I trust that it's carbon backed instead of glass?