Border HEX5 a commitment to excellence.

1bjd

I bought a couple sets of Border Hex5H limbs from David Soza of DAS Kinetics. I went thru a learning curve and a love hate relationship with the Short limbs on the DAS 17" riser and a 29" draw length. After I put a set on my 21" DAS elite things really started to come around. Without a doubt the best limbs I had ever shot. Things started to go down hill for me when on my way out the door with my bow I tried to shut the lower limb in my front door. Ugly result to say the least. Oh well I have two sets so I bolt the other set on and went back to shooting after a short tuning session.
I sent Sid an email and explained what I did and waited his reply to see if I should send them back to be checked out. After a few days shooting the lighter set of limbs while drawing back I heard a tic. I let down and checked the bow over saw nothing after a few more shots and a couple more tics I decided a better look over was needed this time with my glasses. There were several small H checks in the belly. I again emailed Sid and after no response found this site and learned that Border was on holiday.
After Sid and company got back to work things started to happen. I returned my limbs to them for inspection (there was one small H on the other set also)and they started working on replacments even before they got there.
My new limbs are back (in less than six weeks + shipping)and I am back to shooting them. The new Hex5h is made with a new CX material and let me just say they are noticibly better than the earlier. I am not good with words but to me they feel tighter. My thanks to Sid and Company for wonderful service (fast and considerate) and for producing the best limb ever and continuing to strive for perfection. What can they do to make these limbs better? I dont know but I am sure they are already working on it.
I again have one set on my 21" elite making a 48# at 29" 62" bow and am hunting with the other set on my 17" DAS making a 49# at 29" 58" bow with virtually no stack. I cant do this with any other limb I have owned and thats a LOT!
Again my thanks to Sid!
John

1bjd

Better every day!

I have been shooting my Border Hex5h limb DAS 17" riser combination almost every day and it just continues to amaze me. I am shooting easton redline 520 arrows cut 30" and a 100 gr thunderhead broadhead. The bow is now set at 47# at 29" draw. I can not get over how smooth it is and how quiet with that light an arrow. Sid and his Border crew have really built something special in these limbs. I have never had a 58" hunting bow this nice.

John