Border Mistral

savster

I have an old border mistral that I bought from someone I know who is doesnt seem to know much about the bow. Its got mistral limbs and a yunan riser. Does anyone know anything about this bow? How old and whats the story behind the riser, Ive never seen that make before anywhere.

Its a 70 inch with 36lb lumbs and shoots very well. Ive got the bracing set to just over 9 inches and the bow seens a touch longer than other standard 70 inch bows at the club.

BorderBows

its a riser that bolts together.... the folks that made it didnt have a mill bed long enough and if i recall correctly its in 4 parts, 2 pockets, window and the rest...

There is a picture of it on the "show us your bow" sticky thread. There is another ILF compatable Mistral, but it was made by Merlin archer for us. We no longer stock this riser.

We are currently in conversation with some people at edinburgh Uni in creating our own riser that we can make inhouse.
So watch this space. Its been a long time, but the CAD drawings and FEA is starting to look quite good.

savster

Thanks for your reply, yes thats the one, the limb pockets are bolted on with allen keys.
Its fairly solid though. I dont think the tiller is adjustable.
Do you recall when border sold this riser? It must have been your first ILF attempt.
Who made it for you? Thanks for the information. You newer mistral risers look good but as you say theyre not
being sold any more.
cheers
Gavin