Border Tempest with Hex 7.5

sagitarius

Hello everyone,

here is a little footage on shooting the Border Tempest with Hex 7.5 h limbs. I am still in the tuning process, but I am close to what I want. Much of the title things you can notice is due to my inconsistent form ;) Enjoy!

Sid was indeed very helpful with his tuning advice!

[video=vimeo;206413950]https://vimeo.com/206413950[/video]

https://vimeo.com/206413950

Hotsauce

You got the same bow as me, but I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet.
Are those long limbs? What poundage?

What do you think of it so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sagitarius

Limbs are long, Hex 7.5 H 36# @ 30". Arrows are 400 grain! I really love this rig!

Take your time with tuning and if you do not get it right strait away, be patient. Hex 7.5 limbs come along with a steep learning curve and tell you what is out of tune .... the reward is the draw force curve, that you can enjoy henceforward :)

The shot reaction and balance of the riser is superb!

Hotsauce

Same limbs as me!
I have had the tempest for some months and love it. Ordered the hexes a few weeks ago but had to return them as there where some manufacturing issues with them.

sagitarius

What nock height, brace and tiller are you using?

Nock height: upper 1/8 mark of bow square.
Brace: 17 cm
Tiller: 5mm positive

Can be different in your case depending on grip, arrow weight ....

Centershot position is crucial!!!

The arrows I shoot in the video are 30", 410 spine, 125 grain points, total arrow weight 430 grain. Roughly 11.5 grain per inch.

They are are on the stiff side, but do group well. I am currently figuring out, what shows up in the bare shaft: bad release, center shot, stiffness .... combination of all :)

I just finished fletching some 30", 500 spine arrows, 389 grain, 10,5 grain per inch and 30" 500 spine 349 grain, 9.6 grain arrows to check tomorrow morning and see how the fly.

Hotsauce

Positive tiller.. is that higher brace on top than bottom? Or the other way around?

Hotsauce

Something must be wrong. My tiller is +8mm on the lower, and bareshaft wants the nock to be insanely high. I think tiller is to blame for this.

I will reset and try to figure this out tomorrow. Thanks for the tips!

sagitarius

Good, here is a previous picture of how the 410 spine arrows group.

Not bad. They are heavy though.

Does not work inserting pictures. See below post. It is the one with the pink fletches.

sagitarius

Here are the lighter 500 spine ones. Group with the fletched shaft. Well, fletches hon?t stick on e shaft surface. Will glue vanes instead. Release inconsistencies are prominent.

Attachments

sagitarius

ok, forget about the 500 spine. Bolts one turn in and the 410 spine ones rock!

- - - Updated - - -

ok, forget about the 500 spine. Bolts one turn in and the 410 spine ones rock!

Attachments

Esperos

Supporter
Supporter
Hi, Can you please explain about crucial centre shot. Normally I would start with the arrow tip just to the left of the string. Did you find you had to do something radical with your HEX7.5H limbs ?
I am with long limbs, HEX 7.5H. The smoothness is just incredible especially with hardly any effort to clear the clicker. The arrow speed out of the limbs has meant I have had to move the sight bar up from a central position to the top holes . However its proving very difficult to get anywhere near a tune , with bare shafts acting so badly . I have X10 410 spine . 18 strand FF+ 71" string lenght 110 grnpoints, beiter pin nocks. Still major issues so any kind of help on other peoples similar experiences setting up these lovely limbs would be very well received. The way the 410 were reacting I even went to a set of X10 380 spine in case that was the issue. No change. Brace ;I have gone up and down the parameters 6.5 - 7" . Tiller at various settings even going negative . I have the limbs on 39# @30" on a RX formula 27" riser. Just make sure its not me I reset my Hex5H shot them and great as usual but they stack so much compared to the 7.5,s which after a while you do get used to. Anybody had similar experience s with successfully tuning these HEX7.5 Limbs please give me some clues, Thanks

sagitarius

Hi, Can you please explain about crucial centre shot. Normally I would start with the arrow tip just to the left of the string. Did you find you had to do something radical with your HEX7.5H limbs ?
I am with long limbs, HEX 7.5H. The smoothness is just incredible especially with hardly any effort to clear the clicker. The arrow speed out of the limbs has meant I have had to move the sight bar up from a central position to the top holes . However its proving very difficult to get anywhere near a tune , with bare shafts acting so badly . I have X10 410 spine . 18 strand FF+ 71" string lenght 110 grnpoints, beiter pin nocks. Still major issues so any kind of help on other peoples similar experiences setting up these lovely limbs would be very well received. The way the 410 were reacting I even went to a set of X10 380 spine in case that was the issue. No change. Brace ;I have gone up and down the parameters 6.5 - 7" . Tiller at various settings even going negative . I have the limbs on 39# @30" on a RX formula 27" riser. Just make sure its not me I reset my Hex5H shot them and great as usual but they stack so much compared to the 7.5,s which after a while you do get used to. Anybody had similar experience s with successfully tuning these HEX7.5 Limbs please give me some clues, Thanks
Can you specify the issues you have?

Hex 7.5ies have to be set to centershot or even slightly inside center. Stiff, correct or weak bare shafts will likewise read stiff - or falsely stiff - in the bare shafts when the arrow is set outside center.

Esperos

Supporter
Supporter
HEX7.5H

Can you specify the issues you have?

Hex 7.5ies have to be set to centershot or even slightly inside centre. Stiff, correct or weak bare shafts will likewise read stiff - or falsely stiff - in the bare shafts when the arrow is set outside center.

Hi Thanks for your reply. Before coming back with more information I am going to reset the centre shot as you suggest and at the same time see if a couple of other changes are introduced. Previously the arrows 410 & 380 are showing so stiffer (with vanes) which given the power of these limbs was not expected,it is incredible and the bare shaft's are so far further left on a 80Cm target that they are in the white. I will get back to you .