Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
Discuss Border Tempest with Hex 7.5 at the Border Archery within Archery Interchange Forums; ok, forget about the 500 spine. Bolts one turn in and the 410 spine ones ...
    In the White
    Thanks
    ok, forget about the 500 spine. Bolts one turn in and the 410 spine ones rock!

- - - Updated - - -

ok, forget about the 500 spine. Bolts one turn in and the 410 spine ones rock!

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sagitarius For This Useful Post:

eeschoenalph (21-03-17), hnorthnorth (21-03-17), oshotkosktere (13-03-17)

3. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the White
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Hi, Can you please explain about crucial centre shot. Normally I would start with the arrow tip just to the left of the string. Did you find you had to do something radical with your HEX7.5H limbs ?
    I am with long limbs, HEX 7.5H. The smoothness is just incredible especially with hardly any effort to clear the clicker. The arrow speed out of the limbs has meant I have had to move the sight bar up from a central position to the top holes . However its proving very difficult to get anywhere near a tune , with bare shafts acting so badly . I have X10 410 spine . 18 strand FF+ 71" string lenght 110 grnpoints, beiter pin nocks. Still major issues so any kind of help on other peoples similar experiences setting up these lovely limbs would be very well received. The way the 410 were reacting I even went to a set of X10 380 spine in case that was the issue. No change. Brace ;I have gone up and down the parameters 6.5 - 7" . Tiller at various settings even going negative . I have the limbs on 39# @30" on a RX formula 27" riser. Just make sure its not me I reset my Hex5H shot them and great as usual but they stack so much compared to the 7.5,s which after a while you do get used to. Anybody had similar experience s with successfully tuning these HEX7.5 Limbs please give me some clues, Thanks

In the White
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperos View Post
    Hi, Can you please explain about crucial centre shot. Normally I would start with the arrow tip just to the left of the string. Did you find you had to do something radical with your HEX7.5H limbs ?
    I am with long limbs, HEX 7.5H. The smoothness is just incredible especially with hardly any effort to clear the clicker. The arrow speed out of the limbs has meant I have had to move the sight bar up from a central position to the top holes . However its proving very difficult to get anywhere near a tune , with bare shafts acting so badly . I have X10 410 spine . 18 strand FF+ 71" string lenght 110 grnpoints, beiter pin nocks. Still major issues so any kind of help on other peoples similar experiences setting up these lovely limbs would be very well received. The way the 410 were reacting I even went to a set of X10 380 spine in case that was the issue. No change. Brace ;I have gone up and down the parameters 6.5 - 7" . Tiller at various settings even going negative . I have the limbs on 39# @30" on a RX formula 27" riser. Just make sure its not me I reset my Hex5H shot them and great as usual but they stack so much compared to the 7.5,s which after a while you do get used to. Anybody had similar experience s with successfully tuning these HEX7.5 Limbs please give me some clues, Thanks
    Can you specify the issues you have?

Hex 7.5ies have to be set to centershot or even slightly inside center. Stiff, correct or weak bare shafts will likewise read stiff - or falsely stiff - in the bare shafts when the arrow is set outside center.

In the White
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

HEX7.5H

Quote Originally Posted by sagitarius View Post
    Can you specify the issues you have?

Hex 7.5ies have to be set to centershot or even slightly inside centre. Stiff, correct or weak bare shafts will likewise read stiff - or falsely stiff - in the bare shafts when the arrow is set outside center.

Hi Thanks for your reply. Before coming back with more information I am going to reset the centre shot as you suggest and at the same time see if a couple of other changes are introduced. Previously the arrows 410 & 380 are showing so stiffer (with vanes) which given the power of these limbs was not expected,it is incredible and the bare shaft's are so far further left on a 80Cm target that they are in the white. I will get back to you .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123